2007 Sierra LBZ build

Kyles03

Nov 24, 2015
Minnesota
New here with my first diesel. In December 2014 I bought the truck that I've always wanted. Lucky enough to find one that fit all my criteria!

About the Sierra; 2007 classic SLT LBZ Graystone Metallic, 70k miles, two previous owners making me the third. Comes with 2 way remote starter, Leer topper, Bedrug, and other grandpa accessories.

Plans:

Convert DRL’s to signals done
HID’s done
Switchbacks done
Clear headlights done
Clear bumper lamps done
Raise bumper done
Tow mirrors (color matched) done
GMC grille emblem (color matched)
Rear bumper plastics (color matched)
Onstar antenna (color matched) done
Remove bug shield done
Remove step bars done
Remove topper done
Remove yellow off tailights done
Escalade door handles done
Interior Escalade handles done
22x12’s and 33’s done
4-6 Cognito
Debadge demold
axle dump 5" stainless MBRP exhaust done
Tint done
HD hood
All interior LED's done
EGR delete
EFI live

Soon as I got it home, pre-cleaning and de-mod pics:

15780665938_cff6cfe31e_b.jpg

15780666718_ffc03244e2_b.jpg

15780666798_b17d7d132c_b.jpg

15968103515_af8cf12df3_b.jpg

After a good first wash, and some things removed

15968103795_0cc8671213_b.jpg

15968104035_9556f6bf7a_b.jpg

Last edited:

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
pretty weak man!!!

Surprised it took you so long to join. Now that your on this forum time to add some power. Got mine to almost last a year but now i can cross off the built trans mod . New big tune is already ordered and when i see that 68mm stage 2r turbo on sale its on .

Kyles03

Nov 24, 2015
Minnesota
pretty weak man!!!

Surprised it took you so long to join. Now that your on this forum time to add some power. Got mine to almost last a year but now i can cross off the built trans mod . New big tune is already ordered and when i see that 68mm stage 2r turbo on sale its on .

Haha. I've been wanting to sign up on here for a little while, just never had the time. You're way ahead of me on performance, I'm hoping to atleast get it tuned soon lol. Are your headlights oem Denali's or Amazon ones? I may have asked you a while back.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
pretty weak man!!!

Ive got a stg2r for sale on here if interested!

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
Haha. I've been wanting to sign up on here for a little while, just never had the time. You're way ahead of me on performance, I'm hoping to atleast get it tuned soon lol. Are your headlights oem Denali's or Amazon ones? I may have asked you a while back.
Oem denalis, sent the depo ones back . Found some on amazon that said used but we're in fact just open box brand new. The depo lights weren't horrible but oem fit better .

Thanks for the offer on the turbo but I'm looking for the newer 68mm stg 2r that Danville does. It's 2399 new so I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Glad to see you over here Kyle. Much more knowledge to be had here versus other sites.

Kyles03

Nov 24, 2015
Minnesota
Oem denalis, sent the depo ones back . Found some on amazon that said used but we're in fact just open box brand new. The depo lights weren't horrible but oem fit better .

Thanks for the offer on the turbo but I'm looking for the newer 68mm stg 2r that Danville does. It's 2399 new so I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll keep browsing ebay and amazon. I would love to find someone around here with a denali that would trade and not care.

Glad to see you over here Kyle. Much more knowledge to be had here versus other sites.

Thanks, yeah looks like a great place to find some info. Especially for a newb like me :roflmao:

72blckbuty

Feb 2, 2016
The truck looks awesome. We actually just picked up a 2007 Sierra LT with only 33.8k miles (1 owner) last week.

With the wheels/tires you have installed what lift did you add to the truck? Level? Did you have to mod to wheel wells to stop rubbing?

Also were you able to track down OEM escalade exterior door handles painted in gray stone or did you pick up some aftermarket handles and have them painted?

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for this truck.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
The stock turbos on 04.5 and newer trucks sound so good imo I just wouldn't want to upgrade to an aftermarket one. Just thought Id say that. :D

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
I still cant believe there are lbzs out there that nobody loved enough to drive to at least 100k in 10 years.:roflmao:

Kyles03

Nov 24, 2015
Minnesota
Thanks all!

The truck looks awesome. We actually just picked up a 2007 Sierra LT with only 33.8k miles (1 owner) last week.

With the wheels/tires you have installed what lift did you add to the truck? Level? Did you have to mod to wheel wells to stop rubbing?

Also were you able to track down OEM escalade exterior door handles painted in gray stone or did you pick up some aftermarket handles and have them painted?

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for this truck.

That's crazy low miles! What a find.

Current setup is only the factory keys cranked. With the bumper raised and trimmed a little, they don't rub there. I did no modifications to the fenders, but they still rub metal at full lock. The cognito will take care of that.

The handles are from rockauto, and I had a body shop disassemble them and paint.