2007 Kodiak tuning

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Is their anybody on here that tunes kodiak trucks that could pm me and give me a hand. I have had a few people ask me for help with them, I don't like steering them away anymore. Need some simple changes. Lmk guys. Ty

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
what are you trying to do? do they understand that the stock trans/converter will hate any added power and a load on the back?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I've only messed around with my lbz a little bit with my v2. I'd like to disable a few things GS and change some PTO parameters, high idle and that's about it. If there is such thing then yes a optimized stock would be great

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
No added power unless there is such thing as a optimized stock for the Kodiak, and I'd like to disable a few things, mess with PTO rpm and high idle rpm. That's about it

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No added power unless there is such thing as a optimized stock for the Kodiak, and I'd like to disable a few things, mess with PTO rpm and high idle rpm. That's about it

pull a stock tune from a truck and start looking threw it, you will find what you are looking for pretty easily. you will also find the stock tune is very detuned from a stock LBZ tune. you wont really be able to optimize the stock tune without gaining power. The normal timing, boost and fueling tables will look just like your LBZ tune but the limiters will be WAY more than your stock tune.

i tried two "optimized stock" tunes in two different Kodiaks (one an 07 and the other 06). One was a 5500 Seneca motorhome, i made it about 75% of what a stock LBZ tune was and he lost the converter in 2 trips (was pulling the long grade into san diego when it started giving up the ghost). Other was a Reg Kodiak a guy used to haul his 45 ft warrior toy hauler. i told him i could make him 3 different levels, a 55%, 65% and a 75% or more if he wanted (55/65/75% of a stock LBZ tune in a light duty truck) but the stock trans will not handle the weight and the power. he wanted the stock LBZ tune loaded. Said alright but its your trans funeral. made it out of his drive and onto the freeway on ramp and limped it into 5th. We went back to a 55% over tune for the time being till he got the trans built.

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
I just had a tune done on mine, the biggest thing I would say the truck needs is remapping the transmission if its a 6 speed. It will go into 6th so fast the truck seems to just run hot. I just changed my TCM tuning back from Stock 6speed to more of a 5 speed with a OD type setup and it changed the truck 100%. EFI Live says its making 780 tq.

PM me and I can help you get sorted.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
pull a stock tune from a truck and start looking threw it, you will find what you are looking for pretty easily. you will also find the stock tune is very detuned from a stock LBZ tune. you wont really be able to optimize the stock tune without gaining power. The normal timing, boost and fueling tables will look just like your LBZ tune but the limiters will be WAY more than your stock tune.

i tried two "optimized stock" tunes in two different Kodiaks (one an 07 and the other 06). One was a 5500 Seneca motorhome, i made it about 75% of what a stock LBZ tune was and he lost the converter in 2 trips (was pulling the long grade into san diego when it started giving up the ghost). Other was a Reg Kodiak a guy used to haul his 45 ft warrior toy hauler. i told him i could make him 3 different levels, a 55%, 65% and a 75% or more if he wanted (55/65/75% of a stock LBZ tune in a light duty truck) but the stock trans will not handle the weight and the power. he wanted the stock LBZ tune loaded. Said alright but its your trans funeral. made it out of his drive and onto the freeway on ramp and limped it into 5th. We went back to a 55% over tune for the time being till he got the trans built.

I'll look into this, I already have three tune pulled. Didn't realize it was that much different from a stock lbz. I knew they were derated but not that much.