2002 LB7 codes p0380 and p0540

Plumbed1

May 18, 2015
Hello everyone, hope you all are well.
My truck continues to throw codes p0380 and p0540 after I replaced my injectors, glow plugs, control module. I have 165000 miles on her. There is no power lost while the service engine light is on but never the less I want it to be correct. Any advice you can give me will be appreciated. I will add that I gave a mechanic I can take it to but that would mean a week or so of down time which I cannot afford as this is my primary service vehicle for my business.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Have you checked the mega fuse under the fusebox cover?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Plumbed1

May 18, 2015
I have not but will do so tomorrow. May I ask what this fuse has to do with those two codes?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Your 2 codes are for glow plugs and intake air heater. If the 175 amp mega fuse blows, you have no power to run either, and it will throw these codes. Are you sure you hooked up all the wires to the new controller? What about the blue wires that hook up individually from the relay outputs? If you get tehm crossed it can also throw these codes(seen somebody before get a controller where the blue wires were backwards so it was sensing the opposite circuits and threw these codes).

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Those are both lost communication codes. One for the glow plug control module. One for the intake heater.

The mega fuse supplies both of those with power. So blown fuse equals those codes.....

Plumbed1

May 18, 2015
The 175 amp mega fuse was bad. Who would've thought it was located inside the circuit box. Thanks so very much gentlemen. 8 bucks fixed my problem.

Plumbed1

May 18, 2015
Okay my friends, thanks to your help I cleared up one problem so I could encounter another. Now my Truck is throwing a P0405. What I read from the book I have this is an EGR issue. If you would be so kind and tell me what procedure I should follow to correct this, I will be grateful.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
So I take it your truck is a California emissions truck?

The best way to fix it is to block, or delete the EGR completely. And then tune it to disable the egr.

If your wanting to keep everything in tact and functional then I would start by cleaning your MAF sensor. MAF sensor problems can cause egr codes.

If that doesn't fix it then the egr motor/valve is probably bad or gummed up and sticking.

But to be honest, I rarely get the opportunity to fix egr problems. Most people just want rid it of it.....