2002 Allison spiking heat temps

Mcguirejohnson

Aug 16, 2015
Even so, the transmission should be close to the engine temperature after 30 miles. The transmission fluid goes through the engine radiator so if the transmission is colder then the engine then engine heat will flow into the transmission.
I don’t recall the exact # but the engine temp was a bit lower than the trans. I seem to recall the high 80’s. Will look at both next time I drive it.

Mcguirejohnson

Aug 16, 2015
I get that and makes total sense. Should have stated that the temp was slowly climbing while driving (all country farm to market roads) to my place. Max speed limit of 60mph. It hit 94 degrees just as I pulled into my neighborhood. Actually thought about driving the additional 6 miles to HWY 281 and then airing it out a bit with the cruise control to see where it would max out at. A few weeks prior taking a load of house recycling to the county location (5 miles away) and all nieghbor hood roads not exceeding 35 it heated up to 228 and went into limp mode. Jury is always out until I can vet it completely and appreciate your feedback.
Holy Fu**. Was in here for something else and just realized I was typing double digit #’s when it’s actually triple digits. Apologize for the confusion everyone.

Reactions: Bdsankey

Mcguirejohnson

Aug 16, 2015
Getting in here to research a trailer light issue and realized I never closed out the thread. Ended up paying a shop that my sons friend knows to fix this. They replaced the internal wire harness on my Allison and everything is resolved. Thank you everyone for your input

Reactions: Ron Nielson