LBZ: 1st Sled Pull

Iowa

Jan 17, 2015
Mid Michigan
Hey guys--

I'm going to get in my 1st sled pull in about a less than 2 weeks. I want to run over my setup please let me know if I need to change anything...... All Advise welcome :)

Truck details below!
- Suspension: Kryptonite Center Link & Tie Rods with Cognito Support kits & Cognito Upper Control Arms on 4" of lift. Plus I'll be running traction bars, but do I need axle stops or spring clamps?
- Tires: Plan to run at 30psi front, and 35-40 rear Sound good?

Will be running my hot tune, Tow haul, 4low, and tap shift to 3rd.

Sound good or should I change something?:thumb:

This is my axle angle at normal ride height, I plan to pull the bolts out of my keys.....hoping it drops it enough!

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Definately pull the bolts out of the torsion bars and add axle stops to your list. They are a must have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Oh yea and that's a beautiful truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
very nice truck! is it new to you?

Pull the bolts out and your angles should look alot better? whos tunning do you have? do you have a way to start in 2nd or 3rd?

Iowa

Jan 17, 2015
Mid Michigan
Thanks guys! I'm really hoping to get some stops built! The class I'm pulling in is 7000lb open, so really anything goes :)

I've had the truck for nearly a year already.....but finally the itch to pull is taking over! Tuning was done by Durmaxtuner at a live dyno tuning (both motor and trans), it's SPOT on and clean!

No way that I know of to start in 2nd or 3rd.......

Iowa

Jan 17, 2015
Mid Michigan
Well the previous owner just contacted me, I do have 2nd gear start tuned in the TCM!:thumb:

I know it's addicting, but I'm only planning on pulling in a few local pulls. I have too many other addictions that suck my $$! :roflmao:

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
And people ask me why I like pulling and what is fun about it...I just can't explain it. They don't understand why I'd pick a sport where you get one chance to go 300+ ft in less than 12 seconds and no second chance in one event...
Just wanted to ask you, I need to pull in 4lo stay in third gear right? Thanks in advance, Andy
BTW its an 02 LB7 socal cam, exergys 45% sportsman pumps, Silver bullet S366wHSP kit. Built trans, braces rare parts rods, on Kuhmo KL71 33/12.5.
Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Just wanted to ask you, I need to pull in 4lo stay in third gear right? Thanks in advance, Andy
BTW its an 02 LB7 socal cam, exergys 45% sportsman pumps, Silver bullet S366wHSP kit. Built trans, braces rare parts rods, on Kuhmo KL71 33/12.5.
Thanks for any advice.

S366 probably better stay in 3rd unless it's a long track, 350ft plus...IMO

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Couldn't stay in it! Need less aggressive tires! Babied it all the way down then got frustrated and gave her more thinking it would pull out of it and it just jumped and pulled wheels. Never the less I never ran out of power! Lesson learned for first pull!!
Iowa, I feel the addiction do you have a video. Of yours?https://vimeo.com/135179570