12 second lly?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Truck has an s480 over s366 compound setup. Owner has never put it on a dyno but it's ran a 12.1 in the 1/4 mile

find the weight of the truck and plug it in the calc. at the top right of this page it says "duramax math". click it and enter in your info. it will give you your estimated HP

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
As far as I can tell the current owner doesn't know who built the trans, he believes it was the previous Owner, it has a danville trans kit (not sure what that means). He doesn't know the tunes or hp levels on the dsp5, just that kory did the tuning. He also claims it has an exergy pump of unknown size, and exergy injectors, both according to the previous owner. He also doesn't know where the turbos came from, apparently the previous owner put them in as well. I asked what the egts looked like under heavy throttle and he responded "pretty good".
Seems a little dicey to me.
Previous owner also didn't provide any paperwork or receipts for the work or parts.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I would NOT buy a truck like this. Without documentation and actual proof I would not risk it. Can be a huge head ache in the future.

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I don't plan on it, I'd like to hear what major issues that guy was talking about, but I've pretty much written this one off. Just means I get to keep working towards a trans and turbo