1093 code on 2002 lb7

DIESELJEFF

CETANE ADDICT
May 23, 2008
HALF MOON BAY, CA
Im getting a code. Its a p1093. I know its something to do with fuel pressure but what exactly? Injectors? Cp3 pump? Do i just need to put a lift pump? It also smokes at idle sometimes. Runs a little rough. Any thoughts? Help?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
IIRC, isnt there a plug on the LB7 fuel rail (similar to the one on the LLYs) but it doesnt normally cause issue for us?
Could be just a bad fuel filter, too.
CP3 output might not be up to snuff.

Need to get those balance rates, injector pulse, and also check desired/actual fuel pressures, I think.

Last edited:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
just for starters, I'd swap the fuel filter first. If you just picked it up, there's no telling how old it is.

X2 - always the first place to start. If that's not it, I'd be leaning towards the injectors. Could be a bad relief valve like Tom said but that is usually wishful thinking on the LB7s.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have been trying o check the balance rates all day and no matter what i so i cant seem to get them to read. It shows 0 for all injectors.

Is the idle too high ? most of the time if the idle isnt below X amount ( 650-700 rpm i think ) they wont read .

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
the idle is at 680. the idle is rough sometimes. i wonder if that stops it from reading.

We had a 5500 with an injector that would not open. It would do the same thing. Definite rough idle.

Also if you have a short in one of the injector harnesses it will go into a type of limp mode and sound like an antique tractor at idle and you won't get any balance rates.:D

DIESELJEFF

CETANE ADDICT
May 23, 2008
HALF MOON BAY, CA
does the engine coolant temperature need to be a certain temp before it actually lets the balance rates read? i know you are supposed to have the engine warmed up but is that just for an accurate reading or is that so they will read at all?

DIESELJEFF

CETANE ADDICT
May 23, 2008
HALF MOON BAY, CA
I finally got the engine to come up to temp today. I just put cardboard in front of the radiator and ran a few hills till it got to 197*. I pulled over and checked balance rates to see if they would read and they still wont read in neutral or park but they did read in drive. A few were at the limit but i would like to get a reading in neutral too. Any ideas?