09' bcm in an 06' and remote starting?

dmaxx3500

Jul 26, 2009
chicago
im trying to get factory remote starting using gm key fobs,,is it controled in the ecu or the bcm ?,any gm techs

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Don't think it would work. The remote start ties in to the BCM, ECM and PDM (assuming keyless entry still uses the PDM for controlling the RKE). They don't use Class2 in the 07.5+ trucks; just GMLAN (High speed for the Engine comms and low or mid speed for the stuff that used Class2). The problem is the 09 BCM wouldn't be able to talk to anything in the truck; Then the 06 ECM probably doesn't have the code to know what to do with the remote start command, even if, by some miracle, the BCM could talk to the other modules.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I agree hit up Ben he should be able to answer this question, but if it is possible I would be interested to this to my LBZ

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Could you use an aftermarket remote start and somehow get a new factory remote Key fob to comunicate with each other?

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
I have an Auto Page that has worked great without any issues for the last 4 years. I didn't have to buy another "box" for the glow plugs.

Some of them have a relay or sense when the glow plug wait to start light comes on and off, and then starts the motor.

Could you use an aftermarket remote start and somehow get a new factory remote Key fob to comunicate with each other?

Well there's only 3 buttons on our keyfobs; the alarms come with their own fobs and many use only the alarm's fob (With more buttons) and put the stock ones in a drawer or something.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Some of them have a relay or sense when the glow plug wait to start light comes on and off, and then starts the motor.

Well there's only 3 buttons on our keyfobs; the alarms come with their own fobs and many use only the alarm's fob (With more buttons) and put the stock ones in a drawer or something.

I meant setting the factory fob to the same frequency needed to communicate with the remote start.

dmaxx3500

Jul 26, 2009
chicago
ok,lets try a cadi-cts,sts,or dts,or 2005-2007 corvette's,they should be old school ecu/bcm's,,does anybody know the factory remote start systems are intargrated?,,i have sent e-mails to gm tech and the gm truck engineers ,maybe they have these thoughts too,im also going to try to add a ''hud'' [heads up display] like in a corvette or grand prix,so any thoughts?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ok,lets try a cadi-cts,sts,or dts,or 2005-2007 corvette's,they should be old school ecu/bcm's,,does anybody know the factory remote start systems are intargrated?,,i have sent e-mails to gm tech and the gm truck engineers ,maybe they have these thoughts too,im also going to try to add a ''hud'' [heads up display] like in a corvette or grand prix,so any thoughts?

no......none of those will work because all the cars were GMLAN at that point.

There were no GM Class 2 BCM applications that supported remote start.

There is no possible way to make a factory application remote start on a GMT-800. Just trust me on this. And those GM tech idiots arent gonna be able to help you either. Its a waste of time, just buy an aftermarket remote start.

ben

Last edited: