04 lb7 lift kit without breaking the bank?

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Hey y'all my names Rob. I've got white 04 lb7 4x4 with banks intake, exhaust and six gunn. Right now its stock but the dick I bought it from cut the bumpers to fit 35s.
I want a good practical lift, I don't do a ton of off roading or towing but I want it to be the last lift I'll ever need. I do plan on running 35s with it as well. Any suggestions? My budget is around 2k for the lift, I'll be installing it myself. And if I could find one that doesn't require cutting the front diff brackets that would be awesome. I want that big aggressive look but good handling on and off road. Stear me in the right direction gents.

I'm finally pushing to get a lift now that i took a rock to one of my shocks tonight

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
what rim specs are you going with? you can ru 35's with no lift and stock rims but if you have a big offset they will rub everything

Cognito would be my suggestion but James will be along he is the resident forum lift guy :D he listed some in a previous thread.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Completely off topic, but I found it extremely funny that a new guy with a username of "SirRob" got answered by two guys whose names are sorta medieval themselves. Camelot anyone? :roflmao::roflmao:

Carry on.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Completely off topic, but I found it extremely funny that a new guy with a username of "SirRob" got answered by two guys whose names are sorta medieval themselves. Camelot anyone? :roflmao::roflmao:

Carry on.
Mines a username I use to use for a computer game that I played when I was young. With dragons and swords and such lmao

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Hey thank for all the replies guys. Im looking into Mcgaughys they seem to have what im looking for. And I have 18" rims, MT700`s. With 35 BF mud terrains on them.

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Might I add, hes a dick for cutting them because he did a terrible job cutting them and it looks like garbage. Uneven as all hell and he didn't add wheel spacers so its done a pretty good job at rubbing the anti sway bar and metal casing line for the emergency brake cable.

I will add however, that when I do this lift im planning on pretty much changing out the whole front end, (upper control arms, bearings, etc etc

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Nothing wrong with cutting alittle plastic corner. but I've seen people cut into the metal, which makes me shake my head. It obviously isn't fitting right if your taking metal. lol I see why u called the previous owner a dick. lol but I'm extremely picky, and hate cobbled uneven stuff.
Rough country makes a decent kit for your years as well. many run it, and it takes abuse well. and cutting the diff isn't terrible. not many go back down anyway, I believe cognito still makes a bracket to bolt on the cut diff if I remember right.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Tough country 6" lift or do the 4" and some trimming. Cheapest/best kits I know of. Easy install too

NRA223

May 20, 2015
James,
Do you know how much you can lower the 4" Tuff Country Kit and can you run stock wheels with it?