New Year's Thrash.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I have a tracking number for CrayZ2's motherboard. With a little luck (uh, a LOT of luck), I will fire it up tomorrow. :lildevil:

Tom's computer (Antec Skelton) will get running again Dec 25, and then we will overclock it, and run both of it's GTX460's. But I expect that he will be playing games with it mostly, so it will only make points when not in use. I'm guessing it's capable of 35K+ PPD.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I have a tracking number for CrayZ2's motherboard. With a little luck (uh, a LOT of luck), I will fire it up tomorrow. :lildevil:

Tom's computer (Antec Skelton) will get running again Dec 25, and then we will overclock it, and run both of it's GTX460's. But I expect that he will be playing games with it mostly, so it will only make points when not in use. I'm guessing it's capable of 35K+ PPD.

Is there anyway we can start a thread or thread sticky to list our computers and/or user name specifics? I'd like to list the two computers I have and the two I have ordered components for. The two will be 2x amd quad core and 2x zeon dual core machines. The dual quad will have two gtx460 cards running at x8.

You gotta get those computers up and going again for sure Pat. Have you seen the daily points on that stats page? :angel:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
42d79c33-fc13-5632.jpg

:badidea:If he fired them up now I would be afraid the tree would go up in flames:spit:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Is there anyway we can start a thread or thread sticky to list our computers and/or user name specifics? I'd like to list the two computers I have and the two I have ordered components for. The two will be 2x amd quad core and 2x zeon dual core machines. The dual quad will have two gtx460 cards running at x8.

You gotta get those computers up and going again for sure Pat. Have you seen the daily points on that stats page? :angel:

Sure! Start a thread.

I just booted CrayZ2 up but it's just bare wires and an open case right now. I change the fans around, and am logging temps.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Would love to put out some more if it'd help, but I have no clue where to start. Mines been been folding for a little over a week, at 28 wu now with 2300 points. What else can I do to turn it up??

edit: My system has two GeForce 9800gt, no clue as to whether those are decent cards or not or if its even relevant.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
What client did you load?

The 9800GT(seems there is usually another letter at the end) seems to be worth about 5k~6.5k PPD depending on the WU it is running.

For information on what client to use: http://www.overclock.net/folding-home-guides-tutorials/763858-right-client-me.html Somewhat old but I think it will help.

I think this is the guide I used to setup the multiple GPU setup on my machine. http://www.overclock.net/folding-home-guides-tutorials/578934-windows-7-multigpu-guide.html

It's for Windows 7 but if you are using Vista, XP etc it should not be that much different, I think just the location of the client folder that you need to copy.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Sure! Start a thread.

I just booted CrayZ2 up but it's just bare wires and an open case right now. I change the fans around, and am logging temps.

Ok, will do it. Should get the majority of the parts on the 28th.

Care to tell us what kind of heat CrayZ2 will be creating? I mean the specs.

I'm first trying to use up some older stuff I have laying around but would like to build one from the ground up. Yours ( McSwains ) and the multi-GPU of Robs rock as well as the one/s Reed use. I can most likely only build one dedicated folder in the near future and would like to make it a real asset. I'm hoping between all the units working, we could get a few more on board from reading what is being used and folks getting on board knowing what they should be able to expect.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Just found out my nvidia 9100 is on board. Might have to get a diferent graphics card. I have 3 quad cores folding now, and 2 regular clients. I have to pull the laptop offline because it just cant make the deadlines. im going to put it back on on smaller units it cant handle the big ones.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Ok, will do it. Should get the majority of the parts on the 28th.

Care to tell us what kind of heat CrayZ2 will be creating? I mean the specs.

I'm first trying to use up some older stuff I have laying around but would like to build one from the ground up. Yours ( McSwains ) and the multi-GPU of Robs rock as well as the one/s Reed use. I can most likely only build one dedicated folder in the near future and would like to make it a real asset. I'm hoping between all the units working, we could get a few more on board from reading what is being used and folks getting on board knowing what they should be able to expect.

There's a thread, but here's the basics:

It's an Intel S5520SCR dual Xeon Workstation motherboard with 12gb of Kingston ECC DDR3-1333 server RAM. It's in the matching Intel SC5650WS Workstation case which includes a 1000w powersupply.
It runs 2x Xeon E5620 CPU's: 80w, 4-core with Hyperthreading, 2.4ghz.
It has 4x Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm drives in RAID 1 with a hot-spare and a backup drive.
It has a 1gb ATI video card (5650?) with a 28" monitor, but it will end up with 2x 28" monitors.
O/S is Win7-64 Pro. Software is Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended and KeyCreator (CADKEY).

It is going to be used for marking up blueprints, running CAD software, driving a 42" wide scanner, and as a backup file server.

For F@H, it generates 16k PPD on SMP (6701's) or 41k PPD running BigAdv jobs. TPF for BigAdv is ~27 minutes. It consumes 255 watts max when folding, and 130w when idle.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Wes is prolly using the systray client and using his cpu. Based on the stats and the 2 cards I know he has, he should be folding tons faster.

Prepare for your room to heat up wes if you go to the gpu client. They run hot and constant lol. The elec bill should heat up too running those 2 cards on separate clients lmao :rofl:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Wes is prolly using the systray client and using his cpu. Based on the stats and the 2 cards I know he has, he should be folding tons faster.

Prepare for your room to heat up wes if you go to the gpu client. They run hot and constant lol. The elec bill should heat up too running those 2 cards on separate clients lmao :rofl:

Show me how. I'll thrash with u guys :D