Yellowchevy LBZ modded turbo

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I finished my turbo swap a couple of days ago and have little over 100 miles on the turbo. All I can say is the turbo is bad ass! It lights quick and the power from it is really smooth. It's not as noisy as I thought it was going to be, which I'm good with. I've only pushed the turbo to about 25psi then backed off since its not completely broken in yet.

Russell aka yellowchevy installed a batmo wheel, 360* thrust bearing(I think, I know a 360* bearing was installed), port and polish.

Anyone thinking of running a modded stocker. I'd recommend giving Russell a shout.

I'll update this thing when I get more mileage on the turbo.

Thanks for the awesome turbo Russell! :thumb:

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Have always been curious to hear more people run his work.

I dont have the funds to support buying a completely new turbo and have considered his work

Glad to hear you like it

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Broke mine in full throttle, 32 lbs of boost, first time out. Russ's turbos work great, like it very much :)
That's how I broke in my turbo (S366 from Russel), and my built motor :thumb: Both seem to have survived just fine.

Obviously, I let it idle for a while and warmed it up gently, but then it got the boot :angel:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I think that would depend upon what all you had done. I can tell you after personally hand porting an ihi...it is well worth what he charges

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Wetzel, 10 blade turbine, have him make that thing awesome

Unfortunately the LMM/LML turbo's are a boreless design so the turbine wheel doesn't drop it. I can do it but it's not worth it due to the extra work. It would be easier to put a 10 blade turbine wheel into an LBZ turbo honestly.

And there are no LMM/LML wetzel wheels for that same reason, boreless so its a different setup. Maybe I could convince Scott!!:D

Glad you finally got that turbo in there Mack, I know through our messaging back and forth it was fighting you!!! haha Also really happy to hear you're liking it!!!:thumb::thumb:

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I think that would depend upon what all you had done. I can tell you after personally hand porting an ihi...it is well worth what he charges

^^^
Brocks right. Just depends on what all you want done. :thumb::D
I've got level 1 & 2 porting/polishing for those that are interested. This way I can do my best to meet peoples budget. With-in reason, I can't do it for free due to all the time it takes!!:D

Rancelot211 - What's a p and p usually run?

I PM'd you what it would cost a few months ago when you asked.

Yellowchevy

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
Unfortunately the LMM/LML turbo's are a boreless design so the turbine wheel doesn't drop it. I can do it but it's not worth it due to the extra work. It would be easier to put a 10 blade turbine wheel into an LBZ turbo honestly.

And there are no LMM/LML wetzel wheels for that same reason, boreless so its a different setup. Maybe I could convince Scott!!:D

Glad you finally got that turbo in there Mack, I know through our messaging back and forth it was fighting you!!! haha Also really happy to hear you're liking it!!!:thumb::thumb:

Yellowchevy

I wish he had them!!:eek:

Yellowchevy
I guess that makes my decision easy

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I finished my turbo swap a couple of days ago and have little over 100 miles on the turbo. All I can say is the turbo is bad ass! It lights quick and the power from it is really smooth. It's not as noisy as I thought it was going to be, which I'm good with. I've only pushed the turbo to about 25psi then backed off since its not completely broken in yet.

Russell aka yellowchevy installed a batmo wheel, 360* thrust bearing(I think, I know a 360* bearing was installed), port and polish.

Anyone thinking of running a modded stocker. I'd recommend giving Russell a shout.

I'll update this thing when I get more mileage on the turbo.

Thanks for the awesome turbo Russell! :thumb:

If that's the one you got from me?....glad it turned out good for you!!:thumb: