XS Boost Billet Compresser Wheels for LB7, LLY, LBZ

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Depends on the housing and turbine size. It allows you to run a larger turbine and/or housing and that will lower the drive pressure which will also increase hp and rpm range. Example,did a dyno session today with one of my 2.6 trucks with a DP 2013 PPL 2.6 turbo BMW S483-96 T4 and I was able to go from a 1.00a/r to the 1.25a/r housing and it increased power across the board with better spool up and lower pressures on both sides of the charger and it allowed it to pull hard all the way to 4750rpms. Hope tis helps and makes sense.:hug:

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
Also has alot to do with shaft speed also. The stock 11 single blade design requires a ton of shaft speed to really do something and the lower blade count wheels and batmo's move alot more volume at a slower shaft speed. You really want to see one shine, run it in the atmosphere charger of a twin setup and hold on.

So there is definitely a gain with a drop in batmo wheel going to a 6 blade, more than just the hp difference. If I'm understanding this correctly, it really shines on a stock turbo when it's combined with some exhaust housing work and a larger exhaust wheel.

mtl_dmax

Dec 7, 2010
Eastern Canada
Depends on the housing and turbine size. It allows you to run a larger turbine and/or housing and that will lower the drive pressure which will also increase hp and rpm range. Example,did a dyno session today with one of my 2.6 trucks with a DP 2013 PPL 2.6 turbo BMW S483-96 T4 and I was able to go from a 1.00a/r to the 1.25a/r housing and it increased power across the board with better spool up and lower pressures on both sides of the charger and it allowed it to pull hard all the way to 4750rpms. Hope tis helps and makes sense.:hug:

Very good info Mark, much appreciated. So basically you are saying that the compressor wheel is more efficient which allows you to then increase efficiency on the turbine side which lowers drive pressure (and EGT) for any given boost pressure? Not sure if I've paraphrased this properly or not but it's pretty important since it sounds like you could increase overall engine efficiency and hopefully MPG by making a turbo change like this.

Last edited: