XS Boost Billet Compresser Wheels for LB7, LLY, LBZ

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
Don't waste your time. I have one in mine right now. I'm on stock tuning, so not sure if tuning would make it shine better. Here's my thoughts, it's quieter than the stock wheel. The fins are longer than the stock wheel. I should have taken a pic of it side by side. One thing I did notice was on light throttle I can have 1-2 psi without even trying where with the stock wheel I would be at 0. Like I said I don't know if tuning would make a difference but I wasn't really impressed.

My mods to the truck are downpipe, 4" front pipe with factory exhaust(which will be gone this week. And 4" intake(which I need to rescale the maf).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
Don't waste your time. I have one in mine right now. I'm on stock tuning, so not sure if tuning would make it shine better. Here's my thoughts, it's quieter than the stock wheel. The fins are longer than the stock wheel. I should have taken a pic of it side by side. One thing I did notice was on light throttle I can have 1-2 psi without even trying where with the stock wheel I would be at 0. Like I said I don't know if tuning would make a difference but I wasn't really impressed.

My mods to the truck are downpipe, 4" front pipe with factory exhaust(which will be gone this week. And 4" intake(which I need to rescale the maf).

max boost? egt?

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
Max boost is around 20-23. I haven't hooked egt up yet. Wish I would did though. I know cruising on the highway at around 75 boost is typically around 5-6psi.

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
An 05lly. Ya I hope it does. I gotta say I was pretty disappointed. But overall the wheel was very nice and you could see the individual vanes were ha a longer swoop than the factory cast wheel.

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
I'm no turbo expert by any means, but I believe a lot of gain from the batmowheel other than the blade design and lightweight wheel, is the fact that it is a 6 blade design vs the 11 blade design of the factory wheel. The factory wheel is an 11 blade wheel which was designed to increase drive pressure so the egr valve works properly. While this billet wheel is lighter than the factory wheel, it's still an eleven blade wheel. The 6 blade batmo design effective lowers drive pressure as well as allows the larger fins to "grab" more air so to speak.

Again I'm no turbo expert but i've done a lot of research and I'm pretty sure this is correct. :eek:

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
I'm no turbo expert by any means, but I believe a lot of gain from the batmowheel other than the blade design and lightweight wheel, is the fact that it is a 6 blade design vs the 11 blade design of the factory wheel. The factory wheel is an 11 blade wheel which was designed to increase drive pressure so the egr valve works properly. While this billet wheel is lighter than the factory wheel, it's still an eleven blade wheel. The 6 blade batmo design effective lowers drive pressure as well as allows the larger fins to "grab" more air so to speak.

Again I'm no turbo expert but i've done a lot of research and I'm pretty sure this is correct. :eek:

i think your onto something. the big 3.0 chargers sure make a difference on blades. 6, 7, or 8 blades sure makes engines act differently

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Also has alot to do with shaft speed also. The stock 11 single blade design requires a ton of shaft speed to really do something and the lower blade count wheels and batmo's move alot more volume at a slower shaft speed. You really want to see one shine, run it in the atmosphere charger of a twin setup and hold on.

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
Also has alot to do with shaft speed also. The stock 11 single blade design requires a ton of shaft speed to really do something and the lower blade count wheels and batmo's move alot more volume at a slower shaft speed. You really want to see one shine, run it in the atmosphere charger of a twin setup and hold on.

so with a slower shaft speed, would that make it harder or easier to move the exhaust out?