Wtf?!?!

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Borg Warner and Garrett both have factories in the heart of China. Just because something comes from Chine doesn't automatically mean its junk either.

Is the turbine clipped? Or is the turbine actually rubbing the exhaust housing?

thedirtydury

BrunerRacing
Mar 8, 2010
windsor,ca
LBZ if you want to delete the thread I will word it in a different, less accusitory way. After reading your guys' responses I understand that the thread I posted was a little bold. I don't want to upset anyone here, I respect all you guys and would love to learn more and more from all of you guys.:thumb:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You're not worrried about it shitting the bed and taking out something in your new built motor?
Not really. I will check shaft play every oil change as it is easy to do and monitor wear. If it starts wearing the cover or loses performance I'll yard it. Worst case if you are concerned just throw a genuine BW center section in or have someone rebuild it and carry on.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Like I said before I would talk to who you bought it from and see what they say but likely your up the creek so at the end of the day do what puts your mind at ease. That said if you have a max effort build or push your truck it may be wise to err on the side of caution.