WT (Work Truck) and upgrade later

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Has anyone here bought a WT as an cheaper way to get into a new Duramax? I don't even mind roll up windows but things like bluetooth would be nice to have. I could even upgrade the interior later etc. I'm wondering what the lowest package worth buying is??

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I have a crew cab work truck with vinyl bench seats, vinyl floors, manual locks and windows. I love the vinyl floors and seats. Super easy to clean and nothing to stain or hold smells. (I have a dog I take everywhere, my truck never smells like dog) But I do have some complaints, it sucks to have to go around and lock all the doors when needed. I hate having to make sure whoever rides in the back rolls the widows up, and the lack of a center console for storage and an arm rest is annoying.

Would I buy it again?
Yep. I can add pw, pl, and when I run across the right deal on a tan center console I'm going to jump on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Adding PW and PDL could be a huge job if none of the wiring is there. That's one of the things I was curious about.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I bought a 05 rclb wt. I plan on converting it to power later on. You'll need a wiring harness, door panels, window motors, power lock actuators and after it's finished. You'll need to reprogram the bcm. All that can be had from a junk yard truck or wrecked truck.