Would you rather

06gmc

Loud and Heavy
Jun 24, 2017
SWMO
If buying a new truck would you rather buy completely stock? Or let someone else drop money into it and then you buy it?

reason I am asking is I am in the market for a newer truck and found one that is tuned, deleted, suncoast trans and converter with 70,xxx on it

the other is stock with 50,000 both in my price range. what to do what to do?

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I always prefer to build it myself. Even if it takes longer or ends up costing more. Unless I know the owner of a built truck, I don't want anything to do with it.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I agree with the stock comments but if all it is is deleted and tuned and transmission rebuilt, the important thing is who built the transmission? If it's somebody well known for good builds and they can prove it then I'd go that right.. Jmo though..

06gmc

Loud and Heavy
Jun 24, 2017
SWMO
The truck I am looking at has the following done to it

Full EGR & DEF Delete
LB7 up pipe
Suncoast Tranny
Suncoast converter
And a FASS fuel system.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I wouldn't be too concerned with buying a modified truck like that, with pretty standard bolt ons, but I'll never buy a built truck again. I would have been money ahead just building one myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
That's exactly right ^^.. But do you know who actually built the transmission?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I agree with the stock comments but if all it is is deleted and tuned and transmission rebuilt, the important thing is who built the transmission? If it's somebody well known for good builds and they can prove it then I'd go that right.. Jmo though..

Yep

And it all fairness your not buying a a new stock truck right? So even then who knows what you will end up with. Might be miles ahead buying the modded one too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OsvaldoM

Sep 27, 2018
In a complete majority of cases, I think buying a stock truck is a better option. That's at least what I would do.

Spank

Jan 19, 2016
Upstate NY
I think it’s more about who owned the truck and did the mods. Was it a younger kid who just wanted a fast truck to show off and beat the s*** outta of? Or someone who just wanted a reliable rig? My .02 cents. But to answer the question I’d buy stock

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I hate to say it but I know just as many 30-50 year olds that beat the shit out of these trucks as much as the teen to 20 year olds.

Documentation and reasons for the build and explaining what was put into the build helps big time to anyone looking for a quality build. Hence the 3 folders of stuff I have on my truck and factory parts removed that I still have

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I hate to say it but I know just as many 30-50 year olds that beat the shit out of these trucks as much as the teen to 20 year olds.

Documentation and reasons for the build and explaining what was put into the build helps big time to anyone looking for a quality build. Hence the 3 folders of stuff I have on my truck and factory parts removed that I still have

You hit the spot with this post :cool:

06gmc

Loud and Heavy
Jun 24, 2017
SWMO
A little insight... I messaged the guy and he couldn't "remember" the details on the Built Suncoast transmission :confused: It wasn't fully deleted as stated in the ad, and it was tuned by some no name diesel shop. Sooooo anyone got a clean lower mileage (below 75,000 mi) LML for sale?? :hug: