LB7: Won't start

crazydaisy70

Dec 17, 2013
App just froze sorry trying to navagate this.
This started out as maintenance with fuel filter and has steadily went down hill. I do the reasearch he does the work. From filter change it ran a few times then nothing. Code p0090 so bought fpr changed glow plugs, new battery some of the sensors running down electrical had some skint up wires fixed those it turns over and will run for a min and die had tanks out cleaned them. I want dynomite but he says no

crazydaisy70

crazydaisy70

Dec 17, 2013
Could write a book on What all we have done. Added lift pump. Had a guy come over with bad ass scanner got no code but said pushing 40,000 psi isthat possible?? I think it is rail pressure. Do u have to adjust the lift pump,and do all the bolts have to be torked to specs. These are my question?? We all think this is something simple we have overlooked

crazydaisy70

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
App just froze sorry trying to navagate this.
This started out as maintenance with fuel filter and has steadily went down hill. I do the reasearch he does the work. From filter change it ran a few times then nothing. Code p0090 so bought fpr changed glow plugs, new battery some of the sensors running down electrical had some skint up wires fixed those it turns over and will run for a min and die had tanks out cleaned them. I want dynomite but he says no

crazydaisy70

Could write a book on What all we have done. Added lift pump. Had a guy come over with bad ass scanner got no code but said pushing 40,000 psi isthat possible?? I think it is rail pressure. Do u have to adjust the lift pump,and do all the bolts have to be torked to specs. These are my question?? We all think this is something simple we have overlooked

crazydaisy70

40000 psi. Check rail pressure sensor its shorted man

from mobile

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator or Relief) FRP sensor (Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor). Have the guy with the badass scanner come back and verify that the sensor is reading zero and then travels to 40,000 while cranking. That will tell you if the sensor is operating normally.

crazydaisy70

Dec 17, 2013
Ok will have to get him over again but he was a Cummings man didn't know about Dmax we thought idiot. Funny that I'm getting rail pressure answers. I have ben threw manual over & over and thats what I have ben saying pointing out. In manual has all the tork specs for bolts. Is that important to the way some of the things work.. banjo bolts on the rail and block going to the fpr? If it is and they are not tight enough would it let air in line?

crazydaisy70

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yes, if they are loose they can let air in... You can check by trying to pump the fuel primer on top of the fuel filter head. If the pump is tight after one or two strokes I doubt there is a leak between the filter and the cp3 pump, if it takes multiple pumps or the primer never gets hard then, filter head needs rebuilt or you have a leak between the filter and cp3.

crazydaisy70

Dec 17, 2013
Thank you burn down that was what I wanted to know. All of u that are giving us answers thanks still not going yet so will have more questions

crazydaisy70

crazydaisy70

Dec 17, 2013
Well still dead in the water. And haven't moved other than being pulled by my lil ranger he thinks it might be Injection pump. How do u checm that?

crazydaisy70

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yes, if they are loose they can let air in... You can check by trying to pump the fuel primer on top of the fuel filter head. If the pump is tight after one or two strokes I doubt there is a leak between the filter and the cp3 pump, if it takes multiple pumps or the primer never gets hard then, filter head needs rebuilt or you have a leak between the filter and cp3.

Well still dead in the water. And haven't moved other than being pulled by my lil ranger he thinks it might be Injection pump. How do u checm that?

crazydaisy70

Did you try the above? If so, what was the outcome?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
gonna rule out anything the scanner guy said for the fact that I dont think he knew what he was doing...

Anyway, Bypass the fuel filter housing for a test and see what happens...

You're saying, you only did a filter change before this happened???