Wiseco steel pistons

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
$2400 from my understanding. Curious as I'm thinking about these or fingers for a 650-700DD build. The price is kind-of worrisome, as seems cheap?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Steel or not, Wiseco doesn't even list them on their site? They show nothing for a duramax from what I could see.

Monotherms are still a unicorn, forged or fingers, those are you're best bets:thumb:

Mahle race cast or de-lipped and coated LB7's are your budget options...

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Steel or not, Wiseco doesn't even list them on their site? They show nothing for a duramax from what I could see.

Monotherms are still a unicorn, forged or fingers, those are you're best bets:thumb:

Mahle race cast or de-lipped and coated LB7's are your budget options...

Link in first post shows part numbers for Duramax. They've been available for a little while now from what I understand.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Link in first post shows part numbers for Duramax. They've been available for a little while now from what I understand.

Yeah, thanks. I saw the link and it wouldn't open for me, just got a blank white page (stupid iPhone) so I went directly to Wiseco's site and couldn't find a thing for a dmax:confused:

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
If they were steel they would go like HOT CAKES at that price :D

That's why I made the thread, I was like surely those aren't steel for that price.

I really wish mahle would hurry up with the monotherms :(. I have this fancy MP3024 transfercase that I've been building to make stronger and really have high hopes for 700hp DD with auto 4wd.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Not to go off topic but did anyone see the destruction the monotherms did to a cummins with carillos at only like 1000hp? Scared me away from them for sure

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
I'll see if I can find the info again I seen it posted via facebook a triple s400 cummins strip truck broke the block and the original diagnosis was the weight of the monotherm but I'll dig into it and post

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
e4upunet.jpg

Here's the screen shot from it that I saved