Wife's new truck

twest42271

Sep 7, 2012
east tn
Picked up the wife a 07 gmc loaded out lbz all stock it's an lbz. Has 175,000 , miles her birthday is April 16th hoping I can keep it hid that long. She won't need to much power so what all should I have done to it. I'm def. doing efi live and I don't want to start a war here but who should I go with for the best mpg considering I'm sure she will take it on vacation an so forth. Thanks in advance guys

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Well with that many miles on it im better the egrs nice and dirty, Id start by doing either a blocker plate in there or a full egr delete kit from all season or rick d lances, put a decent exhaust on there and pcv reroute kit and you should be good. Any good tuner will put you where you need to be. Its just a matter of preference for most people. Ive got bob olsens tunes and they run great, first 3 years i ran duramaxtuners tunes when my truck was stock and never missed a beat.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Thats an awesome birthdate:DAnd an awesome presant:thumb::thumb:

Id do an egr delete, down pipe,the pvc reroute you can piece togeter your self theres a write up on here,i like the allseason big air kit but its a little pricey but worth it IMO. Of coarse a trans go and exhaust,if she wants more go with a lift pump and start looking at a built trans but my guess its not going to get that far.

twest42271

Sep 7, 2012
east tn
I'm definetly doing transgo egr blocker exhaust efi live. I'm hoping she ain't wanting more power than mine haha I'm just hoping she's happy with it.

twest42271

Sep 7, 2012
east tn
6e0bf51869d25e28f4b9036448d0d14b_zpsb70a6c1f.jpg

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
DSP5, Transgo Jr., exhaust, EGR block, lift pump & whatever esthetic upgrades you want (shackle drop, wheels/tires etc.) would be a good start.

As long as the trans is healthy it will hold some decent power with just the shift kit. My 200K miles LBZ's 6 speed held a 450rwhp tune for a good while. It was only after I ran Tony's Moonshine 530rwhp tune that it started visiting limp city. I'm sure the little lady will be happy with some stock trans tunes and supporting mods.