LBZ: wierd wierd stuff going on

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
hey guys i put 5 tunes and a dsp5 switch in a guys truck from my area. i go through rob but this kid wanted a lope tune so we went with a different tuner. i will leave it at that. the stock tune copied fine, got 5 tunes and they went in fine. the switch is working fine also. problem is that tunes 1-3 act about the same. and they shift funny too. hard to explain the shifting charactistics but its kinda like it wants to defuel in between shifts and then decides not too. tune 4 is a nightmare. its supposed to b a lope/race type tune. if u try to take off from a dead stop the throttle pedal does nothing. wierdest thing ive ever seen. but if u get going on another tune and switch back to tune 4 it has throttle then but only above like 20mph. tune 5 is a max effort type tune and it seems to run ok but i think it should have more a$$ than it does. it flares alot on shifts in this tune also. its a stock trans truck and if i turn tow haul on it shifts alot better on tune 5. so im chalking the flares up to it being a stock trans and not liking the power. i had the kid come over tonite and was log a run or two but when i plugged my v2 in it had no power. i just read that it could b the cig lighter fuse. this truck is an 06 lbz with like 150k on it. we really have no idea if it was tuned before or not. if it was tuned already and then i put efi on it would it act wierd like this? im just over my head i think. i can install a switch and throw tunes in a truck in my sleep but when problems like this come up im baffled. i have an email in to the tuner but havent heard back yet. thanks for any help or insight u guys can give me.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
As for the v2 no power issue i had that prob with my cuz's truck it was in fact the cig fuse im not sure on your other problems you are having though!:eek:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I appreciate the help he replaced it and it worked like a charm. Now if the tuning was that easy

One hard to to sort out is whether the tunes are poor , or if something got corrupted during the DSP5 conversion , it happens from time to time . What is the tuner doing to correct the problem ? If it were me I would have him send you a single tune , if your satisfied with the funtion of that tune then have him convert that tune into a new DSP5 tune, if your not happy with the single tune get your money back and go else were .

blazin dmax

Apr 30, 2008
az
not sure if the tuner sent you a tune or a script. but if the display units arent the same in the tune/script when you run a script then you will get similar results to what you are describing. i know from experience:thumb:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Man I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the responses. We ended up getting reworked tunes, but they didn't seem to b up to my par. I told the kid to contact the tuner himself. He said the stock tune was definitely stock(I thought maybe it was tuned already). After that I saw the kid trying to sell the truck on Craigslist so I don't know what the status is. I felt bad for the kid but I don't know enough to troubleshoot myself. I can look at the tables and tell if they have been changed but that's about it. I like Trent's idea of just getting one single tune and trying it. I might text this kid and see if he sold it or not and find out what he did if he kept it.