Why so many Dodge?

GunnDura

Jan 8, 2017
Dictionary definition of dodge is "to avoid". Surely lots of dodges available = lots of repos.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I've got 2 2016 dodge cab n chassis. No problems yet. Chevy is a nicer truck for sure but I saved 5k and also there is more room in the back and there are rear vents. They are both work trucks but so far with 23000 on one it's been good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
You have pretty decent roads where pure at don't you Brian?

My company man just got rid of his 2013 with 21k on it. He put a steering box brace, poly bushings everywhere, upgraded balljoints, different sway bar, and a couple other things and still got the wobble within 2000 miles. It had a 4" lift and 35's. He babied it.

Yeah, AZ roads are pretty good compared to other states.

Don't let ol Bri Bri fool you. That truck is lowered on street tires and just goes up and down the freeway. It's also completely stock performance wise. It better not have ANY issues given the Driving Miss Daisy life it lives :roflmao:

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I bought a 2017 2500 CCSB 4x4 tradesman. I looked at a l5p WT model first, but the dealer couldn't get me the number I wanted to be at. I really like the truck so far. There are some things I would like to take from the chevy (cough cough allison) but all in all it is treating me well. The 68rfe has even been ok'ish. MPG has been unbelievable, like I have flashbacks of my zf6 lb7. Towing is good. Time will tell.

PS, I think the only thing I'm missing about my chevy's is this forum. Its hard trying to fit in with the kiddos at cummins forum. It's just not the same. I miss the adult conversations.

Last edited:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Don't let ol Bri Bri fool you. That truck is lowered on street tires and just goes up and down the freeway. It's also completely stock performance wise. It better not have ANY issues given the Driving Miss Daisy life it lives :roflmao:

Lol, I just did front end no. 4 in my LMM. Used some better parts this time. Less than 1k miles and I can feel the pitman arm rocking, need to get my braces on.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Lol, I just did front end no. 4 in my LMM. Used some better parts this time. Less than 1k miles and I can feel the pitman arm rocking, need to get my braces on.

I found your problem. It says "leveled" right there in your signature. Getcha a set of drop shackles and get those front end angles flat. :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I found your problem. It says "leveled" right there in your signature. Getcha a set of drop shackles and get those front end angles flat. :thumb:

reger could bend a tie rod just by looking at the truck or crack a piston by just picking up the keys. Id venture to say hes harder on his shit than you are....... and thats saying something :roflmao:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
1st emission recall got mailed to me this morning from Cummins...

Along the same like as VW... I'll get home and post a picture of it.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
reger could bend a tie rod just by looking at the truck or crack a piston by just picking up the keys. Id venture to say hes harder on his shit than you are....... and thats saying something :roflmao:

Wow, that man must be gifted. :woott:

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Friend just bought a long box crew cab cummins. Has less than 10k on it and has had it in the dealership twice already for trans issues. Stuck in 4th. Mopars trans has always been garbage. I told him to get a duramax and his excuse was it was a little more money, but now he is kicking himself in the ass wishing he had listened. I reminded him what I told him the day he bought it, "good luck with the trans"....

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
1st emission recall got mailed to me this morning from Cummins...

Along the same like as VW... I'll get home and post a picture of it.

So will this be just like the vw situation? I've never heard about this

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Friend just bought a long box crew cab cummins. Has less than 10k on it and has had it in the dealership twice already for trans issues. Stuck in 4th. Mopars trans has always been garbage. I told him to get a duramax and his excuse was it was a little more money, but now he is kicking himself in the ass wishing he had listened. I reminded him what I told him the day he bought it, "good luck with the trans"....

Why Dodge/Ram struggles so much to get a decent trans behind those things blows me away. They have been turning out trucks with shit transmissions for years now. The 68rfe is completely worthless for anything more than stock power. The Aisin isn't much better. The 48 was great once built, but was junk in stock form as well. I've owned multiple Cummins powered trucks and the saving grace was that I always went with the manual trans. The NV5600 common rail trucks were an absolute joy to tow with but rode like shit, had terrible ergonomics,and were just generally built very cheap.
Finally they build a decent truck with the 4th gens, have an excellent engine...then what do they do....offer three worthless transmission options. I don't think they'd sell trucks at all if they didn't run a Cummins. That engine has single handedly saved Dodge/Ram. It certainly isn't the trucks themselves or the rest of the drivetrain. Many times I've priced out a new Mega Cab Laramie with a G56...I always check myself when I remember that the G56 cases crack behind 600 rwhp. An Aisin or 68rfe I'd never consider in stock form. Hopefully the aftermarket gets them figured out. Apparently Randy Reyes and Suncoast have teamed up to tackle the 68. We'll see how that pans out.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I hear that. I haven't had any problems actually really liking the truck. The ride is rough but not terrible for a cab n chassis.

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Yep, diesel rice...

I got the local dealer to come off a loaded Ram Cummins limited 19 grand! I feel terrible for anyone who buys one bc who the hell knows how much its going to be worth in 20 months.:( My 15 only lost 8 grand in 32 months and 53k miles, I'll stick with that! I hate to see what that limited would have been worth in those 32 months...

I totally agree.