Why so many Dodge?

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Just curious why I look online to buy and the majority of truck I see for sal used are Dodge Rams! I can't help but ask myself if the Cummings and that Truck are so great, Why are there so many for sale? And at that there newer , 2009 and up'

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Because everyone buys them because of that cummins and they're cheaper and the relize the rest of the truck is junk.
I know some guys have great luck with them, but several of my friends who've owned them have had a lot of front end issues, my one friend put several grand in upgrade to still have issues, they've all sold them for fords or GM.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Because everyone buys them because of that cummins and they're cheaper and the relize the rest of the truck is junk.
I know some guys have great luck with them, but several of my friends who've owned them have had a lot of front end issues, my one friend put several grand in upgrade to still have issues, they've all sold them for fords or GM.

One of my major fleet customer jumped to dodge and are all coming back to Ford because their front axle problems.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Hype trucks for hipsters. That's all they are anymore. Some kid gets one and puts tint and mud terrains on stock wheels and big Cummins sticker on the back window and a dirty ass tune and then gives the rest of diesel enthusiasts a bad name rolling coal. I think people might move on to GM and Ford now because the dodge trans can't manage the power, and the body style is 8 years old. Not the only reasons but a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
You have pretty decent roads where pure at don't you Brian?

My company man just got rid of his 2013 with 21k on it. He put a steering box brace, poly bushings everywhere, upgraded balljoints, different sway bar, and a couple other things and still got the wobble within 2000 miles. It had a 4" lift and 35's. He babied it.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
There cheap. Why do you think so many people drive the ram 1500? Same reason

Garbage brand IMO.

Ram also has sub-prime loans going up to 96 months and 20% off MSRP. So any Tom, Dick, or Harry can snag one with little, to no credit what-so-ever.

I always thought the newer Rams were a bump up in quality, guess not :confused:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
There cheap. Why do you think so many people drive the ram 1500? Same reason

Garbage brand IMO.

Yep, diesel rice...

I got the local dealer to come off a loaded Ram Cummins limited 19 grand! I feel terrible for anyone who buys one bc who the hell knows how much its going to be worth in 20 months.:( My 15 only lost 8 grand in 32 months and 53k miles, I'll stick with that! I hate to see what that limited would have been worth in those 32 months...

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Hype trucks for hipsters. That's all they are anymore. Some kid gets one and puts tint and mud terrains on stock wheels and big Cummins sticker on the back window and a dirty ass tune and then gives the rest of diesel enthusiasts a bad name rolling coal. I think people might move on to GM and Ford now because the dodge trans can't manage the power, and the body style is 8 years old. Not the only reasons but a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks much for the reply. I do see a lot of kids with them!

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
With the correct year, I do like the fact that you can make 800-1000 hp without digging into the short block. Just saying