Who should I get to build my tunes?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I sure do loveeeeeeeeee smoke !!! Y'all need to chill out on the anti smoke shit. Ever seen the South Park where they call the Harley drivers fags?! Yupp

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Leave that worthless BS to the dodge boys who already have enough stupidity running through their vanes and get it fixed up right, you'll be happier in the end and the life of your truck, more than one of us can agree to that I'm sure :thumb:

And this always rubbed me the wrong way also, everyone categorizing "dodge people" with "smoke tunes". does everyone not understand the recipe for power in anything??? Air+fuel=power. and everyone categorizes "dodge" as into the rotoray and inline mechanical!! yeah, obviously there gonna smoke when they dont have half the computer we do! They dont have MAF, high pressure fuel injection, DPF, SCR, vvt, vnt any type of vgt ofcourse there gonna smoke. Give them guys a break. When you dont have a cylinder full of boost and all you have is that old school tech, there gonna smoke, but watch it cause they could just smoke your ass at the stop light!

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
And this always rubbed me the wrong way also, everyone categorizing "dodge people" with "smoke tunes". does everyone not understand the recipe for power in anything??? Air+fuel=power. and everyone categorizes "dodge" as into the rotoray and inline mechanical!! yeah, obviously there gonna smoke when they dont have half the computer we do! They dont have MAF, high pressure fuel injection, DPF, SCR, vvt, vnt any type of vgt ofcourse there gonna smoke. Give them guys a break. When you dont have a cylinder full of boost and all you have is that old school tech, there gonna smoke, but watch it cause they could just smoke your ass at the stop light!

That is true and fine with me but what about the pole smokers that run around in brand new shit smoking me out just cause my truck says duramax on the side of it, what's that proving? Not to mention the guys that do it all the time just to be cute. And 99% I can out run them in my 02 explorer. My LLY smoked but it went places too.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
they prolly blow smoke at you cause they want to race. if your passing someone on the other side of the road you blow smoke to say HI. If your next to them and smoke that means you want some. Atleast thats always how its been around here!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
:catfight2:
:catfight:
:buttkick:
:beatdeadhorse:
:shifan:

Even old skool Dodges with their lack of modern technology can be built to burn clean and make good power.

Unfortunately the dodge guys in the lime light, running their dodge race trucks that seem to bellow more soot than an old coal powered train, don't realize their responsibility to the industry and the diesel community. And they, by doing so are basically advertising that's how to make power. It seems like there is still a large number of idiots that jump on that bandwagon who don't know that SMOKE DOESNT MEAN POWER. They don't know it's not necessary to attain power and therefor it's cool (to them) it also seems like it's the same people who want to broadcast their power via their tailpipe. It would also seem like they don't know the difference between a race truck and a street truck, or the track and the hwy and freely mix the two. I happily out run these idiots leaving them in an efficiently combusted stream of diesel emissions and thoroughly enjoy watching via my rear/side view mirrors their befuddled confusion of wonder of why a clean burning duramax dusted their smokey powerhouse

Sure, air+fuel= power
But fuel+more fuel+no added air= smoke and heat, which might make some more power, but for the street it's a cheapskate and irresponsible way to do it.

AS McRat and many others have pointed out, a Duramax can make huge power and run down the track and still see the license plate at 1320ft away. So why the hell would you want to make the tuning less efficient potentially loosing power? It's a duramax, not a dodge. It's been my experience that Dodges inherently seem to smoke more when tuned, even the newer ones, I would speculate that's why the smoke=Dodge correlation has been made and continues on, cuz weather it's due to the owners, tuners or racers of these diesels, it's a dodge thing.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Damn some of ya'll must get a lot of nose bleeds....

Its a mighty tall soap box ya'll are standing on. I'm all for not having excessive smoke, but damn.... Some of ya'll are getting carried away on this band wagon.

Sent from a ditch being dug near you using Tapatalk

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
That is true and fine with me but what about the pole smokers that run around in brand new shit smoking me out just cause my truck says duramax on the side of it, what's that proving? Not to mention the guys that do it all the time just to be cute. And 99% I can out run them in my 02 explorer. My LLY smoked but it went places too.
This reminds me, I out ran a smoky dodge yesterday in my Jetta TDI. He did the famous ricer fly by and at the next light sat there and puffed smoke on me. I just sat there smiling thinking "Smoke all you want buddy cause you just got beat by a Jetta.......a JETTA!" :roflmao: Sorry to derail. But seriously I think the OP gets the point about no smoke. Some of you could have been more productive in your responses. You're not going to convince anyone if you piss them off. I have to catch myself all the time when responding to people in a better way. It's hard sometimes but I have to remember that some people just don't know. They're not trying to be tools......sometimes. JMOP

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I recall when smoking was cool all the cool people smoked. :mad:

I see a bunch of hypocrites in this thread with stories they use to tell full of school girl giggles!

Like everything it is no longer cool to smoke, everyone grew up and realized the hazards and stupidity of it. Myself included! Atleast I'll admit it I smoked and I was PROUD of it!

So I'm inventing a product so there will be NO need for hypocrite Tuna's! Not going to give to much away to the Ripp Off and Duplicate hackers but it has to do with a midget and a rag! It's in beta testing (on the fly) as I type this.