Who rides MX?

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
It is... I have gone out to them a few times but never had a bike with me. Inlaws live in Rexburg.

What gear are you hitting in the first couple pics? Gap looks big.

4th. I tried pulling 5th, but I actually lost speed. If I could have gone faster I would have. lol

If you ever make it down here with a bike, pm me and we'll hit them up together.

One more pic from yesterday. Pry my favorite jump to hit.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
im going to try again next weekend, been working out the leg , it has less pain and feels stronger..those dunes look sweet!

I've been to little Sahara, Sand Mountain and Glamis. These are by far my favorite dunes.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
4th. I tried pulling 5th, but I actually lost speed. If I could have gone faster I would have. lol

If you ever make it down here with a bike, pm me and we'll hit them up together.

One more pic from yesterday. Pry my favorite jump to hit.

Hopefully next year we get moved back to Idaho... I'll hit you up for sure.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Middle pic is badass!!!

Thanks man!

The jump I was hitting in the bottom pic was super sketchy. It was totally blind, something about coming off the top of a dune in 4th, not seeing where you are going to land, yet knowing there is a wall of sand there if you screw up...... yeah. lol

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
That's exactly how I got hurt. Jumped a 110' blind hill trying to jump the dune and land on the backside and came up short.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
That's exactly how I got hurt. Jumped a 110' blind hill trying to jump the dune and land on the backside and came up short.

Ouch. That gives me sympathy pains. My MX injuries have been few and far between. Grade 3 AC/SC seperations, and my blown out mcl is the entire list. Now too shabby for 8 years of riding. Skiing on the other hand, FKed me up.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I use to race quads. Ran a 250r for 5 years. As much as I enjoyed doing it I regret it 100%. My body is paying the consequence's now. Knees kill me everyday and I am only 30. Been riding since I was 10. That's why I am doing this stupid hobby. Would love to get another 86 atc250r and just buzz around the dunes with it soon.

rickb

Sep 27, 2013
What's up! Ouch on the back injury pic!!!

Me and my boys race MX in Texas. None of us are that great as we've been doing this barely over a year, but the boys have passed me up dangit. ;)

I race vintage only, but now have a modern-ish CR125 for practice.

Here we are loaded up with both of my youngest son's bikes. He was on the verge of outgrowing the KX85 so I got him a 2013 KTM 150SX that I was riding on this day. We've gotten rid of the 85 now...but still have 9 bikes.

Attachments

• truck_bikes_camper.jpg
    truck_bikes_camper.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 14

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
What's up! Ouch on the back injury pic!!!

Me and my boys race MX in Texas. None of us are that great as we've been doing this barely over a year, but the boys have passed me up dangit. ;)

I race vintage only, but now have a modern-ish CR125 for practice.

Here we are loaded up with both of my youngest son's bikes. He was on the verge of outgrowing the KX85 so I got him a 2013 KTM 150SX that I was riding on this day. We've gotten rid of the 85 now...but still have 9 bikes.

Welcome! None of us were any good when we started... Lots & lots of practice! Love the KTM & the KX 2 of of my favorite bikes.

I don't regret getting into dirt bikes, it's in my blood!

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I quit racing a long time ago (6 years) but here is a pic of my Walsh/PEP 450R. I loved this thing and hated to see it go. One of the few things in life I wish I stuck with.

l-4.jpg