Who knows how to put a durmax in a HUMMER H2?

DZLHUMMR

Jan 3, 2009
Predator

I am the one who posted about the overheating Allison. Our 2003 H2 was done by Predator motorsports in Vista, CA as far as I know they are the leading experts on this conversion. they have done conversions for the milatary and other agencies as well. Ryan is very knowledgable and their mechanics are very good as well.....

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I want to say this site/ forum is fantastic thanks to people who share their knowledge and experience. I figure this would be my one stop forum because I've read many knowledgeable posts. I have a project which would be underway this summer and am in the process of gathering parts and information. I own a 2005 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a duramax LLY/ allison setup. My friend is going to sell me his 05 Hummer H2. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar or has experience with this swap. What is involved and is there major fabrication involved? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jrad12381

May 12, 2008
Reno, NV
My buddy Blaine did the 1st duramax hummer swap back in 04 or 05 when even GM said it couldnt be done. He owns Elite customs in Ogden Utah. Give him a call

Last edited:

locknload

too busy
Nov 13, 2006
H2 should be similiar conversion to a suburban, as they both use the same frame and running gear , just different body panels and trim

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
There are no Duramax engines in the military. Government agencies may have them, but the military, no. And the only civilian Hummers out there came from the late 1990s, when a Marine Corps Commander somewhere misunderstood some orders about liquidating goverment equipment during an auction and some M998s went up for sale. Hasn't happened since, and likely won't happen again.

jolar

Dec 11, 2008
San Diego
Predator Motorsports in Vista, CA
I used to make deliveries there.
I believe this is exactly what they specialize in.

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
H2 should be similiar conversion to a suburban, as they both use the same frame and running gear , just different body panels and trim

Not really, at all. The H2 frame has more in common with the 2500HD than the burb.

There are no Duramax engines in the military. Government agencies may have them, but the military, no. And the only civilian Hummers out there came from the late 1990s, when a Marine Corps Commander somewhere misunderstood some orders about liquidating goverment equipment during an auction and some M998s went up for sale. Hasn't happened since, and likely won't happen again.

Actually, the military owns thousands of trucks with duramaxes. GM makes a bunch of different LSSV and EMP based off of the 2500HD silverados. I'm not sure where you heard that story, but it's just wrong HUMVEEs are sold to the public almost daily just like any other military truck.

Last edited:

locknload

too busy
Nov 13, 2006
Not really, at all. The H2 frame has more in common with the 2500HD than the burb.

Actually, the military owns thousands of trucks with duramaxes. GM makes a bunch of different LSSV and EMP based off of the 2500HD silverados. I'm not sure where you heard that story, but it's just wrong HUMVEEs are sold to the public almost daily just like any other military truck.

Not worlds apart either :thumb:

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
I'm with H2 dieselman, I'm sending my '06 out in a week to CA for the conversion.

I was going to do it myself but there is no way I'm capable of doing the harness in that... that's waay over my head.

I would have loved to send it to Predator, they're knowledgeable, experts and nice guys to deal with.... just too rich for my blood.

I bought an '07 HD2500 last week and hopefully in a month I'll be driving something better than the 6.0 with a supercharger.

I just have to read up and found out what kind of tune to put on it... (ie. bullydog, etc)

Mark

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
There is a guy on Youtube and DP called Duraburb and there whole business revolves around putting Dmax's in Suburbans and Yukon's. I know he need's a complete donor truck for the swap but I'm sure he could do an H2 no problem. Do you a search on Youtube for him.