Who here has played with gasser EFI Tunes?

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
woo hoo i tuned my first gas yesterday and the tranny blew up 10 minutes ago:eek:
not related though the tranny was on its last legs anyways but i got a lot better throttle responce and over all power all in all a good tuning expirence... vehicle was my friends 3.4l impala

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Blownaway:
The other options on the market (as far as plug and play tuners) leave alot to be desired. If you use the performance setting they hang in gears too long at part throttle - trying to slowly get to 35 and it doesn't want to hit 2nd gear, gets annoying. HP tuners is your other option for custom tuning but is basically the same as EFI. A way around buying EFI Live would be to take it to a place that does tuning but an even better option would be to get with someone local from this forum that has EFI Live, give them $100 for a VIN liscense and then have them download your stock tune and send it to myself or anyone else that does tuning on gas trucks - that person would make you a custom tune based off your stock tune, they'd email it back to the EFI Live owner and he would load it on your truck. I typically only charge $75 to do something like that so you would have $175 in it plus any additional the EFI Live owner wanted to charge to be the middle man.

Turbotug: I sent you a PM

Thanks, I might just spring for EFILIVE since I am looking around for a Duramax also. I am a hands on guy that loves to mess with stuff so I would want the program myself.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Big Block:
I have tuned an 04 AWD Denali with the LQ4 and an 06 GTO with the LS2, and an 05 Sierra 1500 2WD with an LQ9. The owners of all 3 were very happy with the improvements. My tuning nets people 2 more mpg (normally), gets them a lot more throttle response, firms up the shifts, shifts happen at the right RPM and speed throughout the pedal position, and it puts out a little more power. I never send out scripts for gas tunes and I never send out a tune that was written for someone else's truck; each tune is written from that vehicle's stock tune - so while I do have LQ9 tunes I won't have "yours" until you send me the stock tune and I make it.

Blownaway:
If you plan to own a Dmax and are hands on, there is no reason to not own EFI Live.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Thanks I am in Baghdad right now and Dad's Caddy is back in Kansas so it will be kinda hard right now, I will look you up when I get back home his mileage is miserable like 15 highway, when the old iron block 350 in the 00 Escalade would net near or more than 20 on the highway, damn allwheel drive:mad:

mvnvltn

Part's Limit Tester
Aug 22, 2007
Sykesville, MD
I saw large gains on my 05 GTO by doing AutoVE. This requires a wideband. that combined with a small amount of timing will create smiles.

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
The 04 AWD Denali gets 20 mpg on the highway and not much less in the city. Up from the 16 he was getting. The LQ9 is still an iron block, the aluminum 6.0 is the LS2.

That is the same thing we have and it gets 15-16 all day long. I would love 20. We are on the highway ALOT. So If I bought EFILIVE would I still need to pay you to tune it like that? Something tells me I need to do some reading.