white smoke

66impala

Gear head, bus driver
Aug 20, 2010
Kalamazoo, Mi
Ok well i have a buddy that has a 02 chevy 2500 cc/lb w/ bullydog, msrp exhaust and AFE intake 2 stage.

he's getting white smoke when he starts up first time then when its warm. but its only when its sitting at a stop. when hes running it the truck smokes black for fuel do to his lead foot. but WHITE SMOKE is now coming out the pipe. but we checked the truck for coolant leaks and nothing the same coolant level is in the truck all the time. there no milky oil or oil in the coolant its red. please help it getting bad.

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
Ok well i have a buddy that has a 02 chevy 2500 cc/lb w/ bullydog, msrp exhaust and AFE intake 2 stage.

he's getting white smoke when he starts up first time then when its warm. but its only when its sitting at a stop. when hes running it the truck smokes black for fuel do to his lead foot. but WHITE SMOKE is now coming out the pipe. but we checked the truck for coolant leaks and nothing the same coolant level is in the truck all the time. there no milky oil or oil in the coolant its red. please help it getting bad.

(msrp)manufacture suggested retail price exhaust :rofl:

Its a shame he couldnt get a better deal on it :spit:

Sorry to derail.....not tryin to be an ass :joker:

66impala

Gear head, bus driver
Aug 20, 2010
Kalamazoo, Mi
doesn't bother me. but was told it was free sence was from a wrecked truck that was going to be gunked. was rolled and the motor and trans was good but when was looking at it the exhaust was good too.

66impala

Gear head, bus driver
Aug 20, 2010
Kalamazoo, Mi
its run fast and hard all day never a problem falling on its face. the fuel filter we thought that so we replace it about 1500 miles ago. with a AC Delco white filter.

66impala

Gear head, bus driver
Aug 20, 2010
Kalamazoo, Mi
Im getting this too, only on hard cold starts though. Once its warm does his still do it?

yes his truck still does the white smoke when its warm. i asked him if the injectors were ever changed. he told me they were changed about a year ago about this time and the white smoke still there. so makes me think the cold weather is making it smoke.

now the programmer bullydog is screwing up his truck he tried going to stock mode but would not let him. kepted it in setting 5 race mode. he tring to return to stock to see if that the problem. do to bullydog replaced the tune with a 03 year insted of a 02 he keeps getting the trans code sence its been changed from 02 to 03. but never had the problem when it was a 02 year tune. im tring to get him in too PPE.