Whine silverado

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So heading back from lunch today im gettin ready to turn right and head down a long 4 lane road thats out here in an undeveloped area (no housing or commercial buildings yet) when i see this black chevy come ridin up on my ass quick and stay right on my bumper. so at first i think its one of my friends till i turn the corner and see the truck side and it looks nothing like any of my buddies. So i see him swing wide into the left lane and i stay in the right. as soon as we got straight i punched it at about 15mph and looked like he did too (he was about a half truck behind me and saw his front end pick up). i spun a bit in second but as soon as i hit third it took off and i noticed this guy was not droppin behind nor pullin on me?! then when i let off round 70mph he wizzed by and all i here is a LOUD whine comin from under his hood. i was really confused at first along with my brother who was with me till i realized he was supercharged! i was really surprised he didnt walk around me as it sounded pretty wicked at the next light. he wouldnt roll down his window but he had a big smile and gave me two thumbs up. He was turning at that light so i didnt get to play with him again but shit did that thing have a loud whine. i thought it was someone yellin at me! My brother was pretty wide eyed as hes never been in the truck when ive stomped on it. he couldnt believe i spun the 37s on the road from a 15mph roll lol

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Was it a regular, extended, or crew cab? The guy I know that owns a body shop picked up a rolled Jon Moss Signature Series Silverado with a blown 4.8 and a 5 speed manual. The interior is pretty cool on it too. It has orange houndstooth inserts on the seats and a cool chrome shifter. He has a 6.0 sitting in the floor for it, and he's going to get a 6 speed out of a Camaro to swap in place of the 5 speed. I think it should move out pretty good once it's all done (provided you can hook up).

Here are some pics of what an unwrecked truck looks like.

P6210335.jpg

rst1.jpg

rst2.jpg

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Those are nice trucks to make into street runners like this guy has. That 4.8 is pretty good for what it gets out with a stick. Like the blown ones coming around you can build a nice truck with supercharger and play for a good price if you find a nice used truck.

James Hess

Jun 9, 2008
Tucson AZ.
A buddy of mine was runnin a 5.3 with a Z06 cam, mild head set up truck manis turned forward with a turbo(dont remember the size but decent), as well as E85(picked up 50 hp on the dyno goin from regular to E85) and a triple pump hat he machined out of billet for the in tank set up as well as injectors. This was in a TA with a 6 spd and threw down 670 something hp i believe it was 695 torgue at the wheels.

Car was sick to say the least with his clutch clipping and DR's spinning down the track he was in the low 12's at 120 something on the top end(just couldnt get it to hook or clutch to hold), that was also on the stock 10 inch rear with a TA cover/girdle trying to keep from blowing its guts out.

He got a new clutch but before he could get a 9 inch under the rear and with some slicks to see hwat could happen a kid rode his bike out in front of him as he was passing a car(ABS was deleted) and instead of taking him out slammed the car into a power pole.

He was good just shifted the whole ass end(was definatly trashed).

Sorry for the long story but point is the 5.3 is not to be looked over, they are cheap and LOVE boost.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Was it a regular, extended, or crew cab? The guy I know that owns a body shop picked up a rolled Jon Moss Signature Series Silverado with a blown 4.8 and a 5 speed manual. The interior is pretty cool on it too. It has orange houndstooth inserts on the seats and a cool chrome shifter. He has a 6.0 sitting in the floor for it, and he's going to get a 6 speed out of a Camaro to swap in place of the 5 speed. I think it should move out pretty good once it's all done (provided you can hook up).

Here are some pics of what an unwrecked truck looks like.

P6210335.jpg

rst1.jpg

rst2.jpg

it was an extended cab and no stripes but it did have very similar wheels. couldnt really tell the interior though. id love to have one of those 4.8 sticks with a supercharger. i tried everywhere lookin for a supercharger for my old 2000 gmc v6 stick but they were all for s-10s and the intake horn on the throttle body is different on teh full sizes compared to the s-10s.

A buddy of mine was runnin a 5.3 with a Z06 cam, mild head set up truck manis turned forward with a turbo(dont remember the size but decent), as well as E85(picked up 50 hp on the dyno goin from regular to E85) and a triple pump hat he machined out of billet for the in tank set up as well as injectors. This was in a TA with a 6 spd and threw down 670 something hp i believe it was 695 torgue at the wheels.

Car was sick to say the least with his clutch clipping and DR's spinning down the track he was in the low 12's at 120 something on the top end(just couldnt get it to hook or clutch to hold), that was also on the stock 10 inch rear with a TA cover/girdle trying to keep from blowing its guts out.

He got a new clutch but before he could get a 9 inch under the rear and with some slicks to see hwat could happen a kid rode his bike out in front of him as he was passing a car(ABS was deleted) and instead of taking him out slammed the car into a power pole.

He was good just shifted the whole ass end(was definatly trashed).

Sorry for the long story but point is the 5.3 is not to be looked over, they are cheap and LOVE boost.

oh i know they are not to be under estimated. thats why i was surprised he didnt pull me. id like to find him now though :D

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I wish our race truck at my work picked up 50hp from E85...:rolleyes: Think it picked up 11hp.

It's a mini 5.3 2wd with a procharger.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Which twin kit did you go with? I'm looking at getting a little somethin from Trent soon.

The very first EPR kit :D lol its Trents kit off his tow truck. Got a thread in the trubo talk section under "finally gettin twins!". bunch of pics of how i installed and what i think of it so far.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The truck pictured below is the last supercharged Silverado the guy I was talking about earlier built. It was a half ton with a 5.3 that he converted to a dually and installed a Tahoe front clip on. His son had an 06 extended cab Vortec Max (with the LQ9? 6.0) with a blower and a 4L80E transmission. It was black lowered on 22" wheels with a welded roll pan. It was a really clean truck. Anyway, here's the pic.

17578373082287487659IM1MAIN565x421_A565x378.jpg