Which subs?

07lbzdirtymax

Jun 24, 2013
Boise, Idaho
I'm lookin to buy some subs, but there's just too many to choose from. I want something that I can hide under my back seats and still have room for storage. What you guys recommend??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Fosgate, Arc, Polk, JL, Clarion, Audiobahn..... If you're not looking for monster sound, pretty much any sub will work. I have one 12" Fosgate with 500 watts of amp behind it.... more than enough for me.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Hey Wes have you changed your set up? What happened to the Audiobahn sub you were running and are you still using the same box?
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17639

To the OP any quality sub and amp would be fine. There are lots of prefab boxes out there or if you look through the thread I posted above you will see the box Wes designed (starting at post #15). Personally I'm looking at the 13.5" JL Audio shallow mount subs. I've heard great things about them but they are pricey. Keep us update on what you get.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I was happy with the (2) JL W1s that were behind my back seat in my LBZ. So happy when I sold the truck I kept them and put then in my LML

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i have 4 old style 10" P2 single voice coils behind my back seat and a 13 year old fosgate 1600watt amp powering them. amp has been through hell since i first bought it used in 2003. keeps on ticking though. subs have been in the truck for about 5 years now. no issues.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Hey Wes have you changed your set up? What happened to the Audiobahn sub you were running and are you still using the same box?
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17639

To the OP any quality sub and amp would be fine. There are lots of prefab boxes out there or if you look through the thread I posted above you will see the box Wes designed (starting at post #15). Personally I'm looking at the 13.5" JL Audio shallow mount subs. I've heard great things about them but they are pricey. Keep us update on what you get.

Switched from that setup to 2 10s behind the seat, meant making a new box. Then sold that truck. I'm redoing the interior on this new truck so sub went between the seats, where the jump seat was in the back . I'll get a pic later.

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards Jl audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JL has very good stuff. Crutch field usually has pretty good pricing for JL stuff as well.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
One 10" Kicker Solo Baric L5 under the rear seat and a pioneer 600w amp powering it. I think it sounds great. Spent 300 bucks for both items. Sounds clean has great bass but not obnoxious. Don't think trunk rattling bass is cool.

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC
No Kicker or Audiobahn junk. Get JL, Sundown, AudioQue, DC Audio, Fosgate, Digital Designs. Get a box from subthump and pick a box that a sub will perform best in. I believe the AQ 2.5 and DC level 2.5 fit in the subthump boxes nicely but don't hold me to that.

■JIM■

Jul 22, 2013
clovis, ca
Its really easy to build your own box. Iv always built my own boxes. Just do a little research befor you build..
But like E46 330i said. Subthump has great boxes. Iv heard nothing but good things about them.

■JIM■

Jul 22, 2013
clovis, ca
Crutchfield.com and hifisoundconnection.com have really good deals on subs. I have never ordered anything from them. A few of my buddies have. He had a warranty blew his subs sent them back and got a store credit. Obviously order new subs.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
No Kicker or Audiobahn junk. Get JL, Sundown, AudioQue, DC Audio, Fosgate, Digital Designs. Get a box from subthump and pick a box that a sub will perform best in. I believe the AQ 2.5 and DC level 2.5 fit in the subthump boxes nicely but don't hold me to that.

Kicker is junk? Lol sounds pretty damn good in my truck