Which one would you guys do??

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Its starting to look like my next project. I havnt sold the BD kit so i think im going to do the 66-74, which is the biggest i can go with the s300 frame. Should still be a nice turbo to run.

last time i talked to htt they had told me with the stainless housing they could go bigger than the 66 but i dont know i want more than the 66 but still need to be able to tow the fith wheel , i'll probable end up going with the 66

i thought they said it could be a 71 with the new housing but wasnt sure wich wheel he was talking about it was a quick discusion i figured in would talk more when i had the $

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
last time i talked to htt they had told me with the stainless housing they could go bigger than the 66 but i dont know i want more than the 66 but still need to be able to tow the fith wheel , i'll probable end up going with the 66

i thought they said it could be a 71 with the new housing but wasnt sure wich wheel he was talking about it was a quick discusion i figured in would talk more when i had the $

71mm is the k31 housing. They do make a s400 that fits a T3 or T4 pedistal tho. Too big for me, i like to rape peaple on the street:D

Im going to talk to them some more but i think the II 66 74 will be plenty for me for the next year or so. Its mid/high 11 sec capable and thats my goal for now. The regular promax is a 66 71 14cm. I really do like HTT stainless turbo tho........

Idaho CTD

Junkie
May 28, 2008
Idaho
HTT will do a K31/A5K compressor wheel (71mm) in a S300 chassis as well but it is a bit spendy. I have one for my Dodge. It's a 71/74/13.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
HTT will do a K31/A5K compressor wheel (71mm) in a S300 chassis as well but it is a bit spendy. I have one for my Dodge. It's a 71/74/13.

Yea, they said it depends on which s300 housing i had. I asked them if i could give them the numbers off it and if they could tell me that way. HTT said no, the only way they can tell is if they look at it in person. They had a guy send them his s300 last week and they couldnt do anything with it because it was the older housing. I could of swore they told me they couldnt put a 71mm wheel in it. HTT has a pretty wicked ss turbo with the 16cm housing. They are spendy for sure, was it worth it? Hows it run?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

if this is the option i discused with them ( they called it there competition charger ) they said it was around 900-1000 bucks to convert as long as the core didnt need extra work ?

Idaho CTD

Junkie
May 28, 2008
Idaho
Yea, they said it depends on which s300 housing i had. I asked them if i could give them the numbers off it and if they could tell me that way. HTT said no, the only way they can tell is if they look at it in person. They had a guy send them his s300 last week and they couldnt do anything with it because it was the older housing. I could of swore they told me they couldnt put a 71mm wheel in it. HTT has a pretty wicked ss turbo with the 16cm housing. They are spendy for sure, was it worth it? Hows it run?

It's going on my race truck that isn't finished yet so I can't tell you :( . I have a customer running the same set up as I'll run and he should be over 1000hp now. He did 974 and blew up the old turbo on the dyno while it was still climbing. BTW this is with twins.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
04 lb7, Im lookin at either a A5K, GT4094, HTT ss 66-71-16cm or Industrial injection can make my BD into a 66-74-14cm for 500.00 bucks. What was the "mcrat" turbo?

I live at high altitude but i dont care bout a lil lag, i want to go faster. Give me your opinions......

i dont know if you are still considering this but i converted my bd to the htt, and it was money well spent , i had gillet diesel do the upgrade, there turbo guy used to be with htt, and they did a bang up job, my bd already had signs of bearing wear, so i had them do a full rebuild , heavy duty bearings and 66/74 wheels , i didnt lose any spool up time that i could notice and now i'm clearing up more smoke and gained a dead consistant 1-1.5 mph in the 1/4. i can post 2 runs if you would like before and after,

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
04 lb7, Im lookin at either a A5K, GT4094, HTT ss 66-71-16cm or Industrial injection can make my BD into a 66-74-14cm for 500.00 bucks. What was the "mcrat" turbo?

I live at high altitude but i dont care bout a lil lag, i want to go faster. Give me your opinions......

I believe it was the HTT