Which one of these tires are better in some mud??

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Mickey Thompson Atz's get my vote. Ran 33x12.50 for over a year and not even half tread yet. Minimal road noise and handles well off road.
That's what I was set on getting, but I heard MT in general wears bad.. Shoulda gone with the bad wearing tire I guess:rofl:

Procomp makes a tire I like alot and I've noticed them on more and more trucks around here
Extreme A/T
pc-xat.jpg

Kinda look's like an ATZ IMO

05lly2500hd

(903)293-6026
Feb 16, 2008
Texarkana, TX
Nitto TG's will suprise you in the mud you just half turn them. I went through some mud last spring that was over my rims in a pasture and with less than half tread i had no problems. I figured i would get stuck instantly. These tires are also awesome in the snow and i have over 50k on them.
i'll sell you my nittos, lol.

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
i've got Goodyear MTR's. got about 15,000 on them right now and will easily get more than that again before they wear out. pulled a powerstroke out of a plowed field after a heavy rain...water still standing on top.

they sing a little bit around 50 mph, but slower or faster i don't notice them. i wouldn't want anything other than mud terrains because of where i've been and how they've saved me and others more than once.

the new one's with kevlar look interesting, but i'm curious about how many miles are expected out of them. for some reason, they just look "softer" than the old MTR's.