LBZ: Which Harmonic balancer?

Kevinbo6gt

Jul 23, 2009
I need to get a new harmonic balancer for my built motor in my LBZ. Im running an LML crankshaft but not sure which ati damper to go with? Do I buy one for an LBZ or LML? any help would be appreciated.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I need to get a new harmonic balancer for my built motor in my LBZ. Im running an LML crankshaft but not sure which ati damper to go with? Do I buy one for an LBZ or LML? any help would be appreciated.
You need one for an LML if you are running an LML crank. You will also need a flywheel for an LML, and you will need to have it all balanced together.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Lb7 is the same aftermarket flywheel as the lml. You can use a lml damper. Bob weight sometime dictates what would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevinbo6gt

Jul 23, 2009
You need one for an LML if you are running an LML crank. You will also need a flywheel for an LML, and you will need to have it all balanced together.

You can use lb7 ones also

Lb7 is the same aftermarket flywheel as the lml. You can use a lml damper. Bob weight sometime dictates what would be best.

Thanks guys, Good thing you reminded me of the flywheel needing to be replaced also. Appreciate it. Now to buy oem or aftermarket on flywheel.