Where’d you mount your sump on an LML?

firefighter13

I'm Batman!
Feb 3, 2010
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Hey all, I did search but couldn’t find much for some reason. I’m sure it’s been beaten to death.... but where did you mount your sump? I’ve got a 15.5 LML and really want to get it right. Anyone have any pics of theirs? Thanks in advance :thumb:

firefighter13

I'm Batman!
Feb 3, 2010
Kamloops, BC, Canada
I’ve seen the ones under the sending unit but from what I’ve read it seems that at the back of the tank behind the rear strap might be a better option. Any input from experience would be appreciated :D

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I don't have one but the back of the tank is where I think it would be best

Going up hill and having the fuel run to the back where it can get to the sump. This is where you would need it the most. When headed down hill you use little fuel so if you are running low it won't be as likely to suck air.

My take

Vmyrhaug

2003 lb7sac45 35" 20x12 fjallasport flares
Mar 6, 2016
Norway
my is mounted in the center of tank. working fine for me... never under 1/4 tank anyway...

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Every sump I've ever installed is always under the sending unit.

Only reason I would put at the rear is if you race with literally no fuel in the tank then I could see it.

Average person center of the tank is fine

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
Theres a "flat" spot towards the front of the tank that's ideal for it, its offset from the center line. Easy install and tank shield doesn't have to be removed. I used a Dremel instead of a hole saw for both shield and sump cuts. Not one issue to date and its about a year old.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
We install all of our sumps directly below the sending unit and drill a 3" hole into the bottom of the basket as well. No issues running down to 2 gallons or less in the tank. We have seen some others with issues running to empty with it in the rear of the tank, especially when parked on a decline.

Directly below the sending unit is the lowest point. As fuel is added, the weight bows the tank down toward that spot as well.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
We install all of our sumps directly below the sending unit and drill a 3" hole into the bottom of the basket as well. No issues running down to 2 gallons or less in the tank. We have seen some others with issues running to empty with it in the rear of the tank, especially when parked on a decline.

Directly below the sending unit is the lowest point. As fuel is added, the weight bows the tank down toward that spot as well.

I second this I installed mine in the exact same location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk