Where to start looking.

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
I just got back to Ohio from NW Ontario. I've got transmission fluid all over my trailer. I did have a universal go bad on the way. Not sure what this could be. I did have a little fluid coming out of the vent tube.

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
The extension housing looks good. There seems to be a lot of fluid right where the transfer case and transmission meet. I'm assuming the gasket has went bad?

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
Well I didn't see a crack when I was under it. So I'm assuming it's not cracked.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
We're assuming crack because of your bad u joint. U joints are know to crack tail housings.

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
The bad joint was on the rear end side. It just got a little sloppy. It never went completely out. There Is still a weird noise coming from underneath while excellarating.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The bad joint was on the rear end side. It just got a little sloppy. It never went completely out. There Is still a weird noise coming from underneath while excellarating.

It doesn't matter what u joint was bad. The vibration follows up the shaft to the trans.

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
I'll put it on lift tomorrow and really check it out again. I looked earlier and couldn't see anything. But this time I'll clean it up and spend sometime really looking. Thanks for the help.