Where to find compound intake pipe??

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
My compound kit did not come with the 90° intake pipe with the MAF bung that the filter attaches to. Where would a good place be to get this stuff? Need a 6" dia ~90° pipe with boot and clamps, filter, and the MAF bung to weld in.

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
I'm in the same place as you right now. I got a turbo from a friend and he gave me the intake tube with it, But i still have the stock airbox and filter.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
does it have to be a 90* intake pipe? i think racepartsolutions.com has them, if not madrelbend.com or something along those lines has piping like that IIRC. either way your gunna have to cut the pipe to fit

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
My compound kit did not come with the 90° intake pipe with the MAF bung that the filter attaches to. Where would a good place be to get this stuff? Need a 6" dia ~90° pipe with boot and clamps, filter, and the MAF bung to weld in.

You .at have problems with the MAF working correctly with a 6* piping. I would use 5* and a step coupler. I know a guy with a 6- one and his tuner could not get it to work right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I was just basing the size off of the inlet to my atmosphere turbo. Will there be much restriction necking down to 5"? I figured there'll be a little cutting/modifying to make everything fit. I know I can also run without the MAF but I figured keeping it would help with tuning out smoke on my lower tunes.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
6" works just fine. I have one more aluminum 90 here for any interested. Can be used for a big single intake or for twins. Have used it for both before.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Awesome guys thanks all for the info. I assumed I needed a 90° and then just cut to fit, however I wont know exact details until I get the motor and turbos back in and the cab set down. Just trying to have all my parts lined up for the final night. I'd hate to have my truck all built up ready to go, yet have it sit in the garage because I don't have an air filter haha

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Source automotive sells a 6" elbow for their dodge kits
"Overkill? Not hardly! Our dynamometer testing has proven gains up to 15 horse power & 60 foot pounds of torque over 4 & 5" intakes. No sense in opening up your air flow, only to choke it back down."

Somebody on here a few years back dynoed a 4" & 5" intake on a GT42, made more power with the 5" & said it drove alot better too, granted that was a single & the intake was longer.

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
speaking of source automotive, is there a place that sells parts for duramax twin kits? like what source auto does for the dodges?

im glad chevyburnout1 is asking a question about that part, because i got to thinking about piecing together a twin kit for one of my trucks. thats the way i did my kit for my 00 Cummins. saved a bit of money in the end, and learned a few things along the way LOL

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
speaking of source automotive, is there a place that sells parts for duramax twin kits? like what source auto does for the dodges?

im glad chevyburnout1 is asking a question about that part, because i got to thinking about piecing together a twin kit for one of my trucks. thats the way i did my kit for my 00 Cummins. saved a bit of money in the end, and learned a few things along the way LOL

Sdp (screamin diesel performance) sells twin kits, but ill be getting my parts from here. http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
It's always the small parts that get overlooked, that slow down progress horribly. Looks like I have a lot of places and hook ups now!

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I ordered some boots and clamps from silicone intakes.com. I ordered them yesterday around noon. Parts showed up today at 4:00! Amazing shipping! Granted they're out of Colorado Springs which is two hours away lol but still. Exact parts I needed and fit perfect!