wheel and tire suggestions

RandyBoBandy

Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Hello everyone, I am new to the duramax army and loving every bit of it....except the tiny little stock tires and wheels. I have a 2007 2500 in complete stock form. I am looking to run an 18" wheel and 275/70r/18 BF All Terrains. Does anyone have experience with this set up? any rubbing? trimming? leveling? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
You shouldn't have any issues with that setup as long as you run a stock wheel or an aftermarket wheel with a positive offset. Might either need to crank up your factory tortion keys a slight bit or get new leveling ones for a guaranteed no rub fit!

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I have that exact set up on currently. 18x9 5in back space. -6 offset. 275/70/18s. Bars half way. Didnt touch anything else. Doesnt rub either. Trimmed the front bumper bottom corner 1in.

Check out my garage for pics. Ran it for 1.5yrs this way. Zero issues. Next summer goin 6in lift turned down to 4-4.5in and 35s.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I forgot to mention, when i painted bumper i raised the bumper up tight to grill and fenders. Got rid of the ugly gap from factory prolly 1-1.25in. Prolly wouldn't have had to cut at all if i would have raised bumper first.

RandyBoBandy

Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I have heard a lot of talk about cranking on the T bars messing up the ride of the truck and wearing out ball joints. I have also heard a lot of guys saying that and inch or so doesnt really effect the ride at all. Any thoughts?

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
The more you crank them and the more the angle the more wear and tear it is going to have on the truck and wear out such things as your ball joints and what not but it is not that common. As you tighten them you will lose a very little bit in the ride but nothing super noticable atleast to myself personally!

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I run the 275/70R18 on my 2002 truck and like their fitment. I've got them on an 18x9 Gear Alloy and just adjusted the bars enough the tires wouldn't rub the mud flaps. Raised the truck maybe a 1/2", not enough to notice any difference in ride.

RandyBoBandy

Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
this is what I am thinking. 18-9 XD Enduro with either 0 offset or an 18 offset. I dont really want to level with keys right now. would rater wait until spring and throw on the cognito UCA. any thoughts or experience with these specs would be great. plan on runnung a 275/70/18

RandyBoBandy

Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
it is a + offset. I think that is what I am going to do but I really do not want that tucked in look. The zero offset is a completely black rim where the +18 has a machined edge around the lip. I prefer the all black, but like I said I am not really into spending a ton of money at the moment. I do plan on putting some cognito UCA's on in the spring, I just dont exactly have the scratch to do that right now.

RandyBoBandy

Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I guess its settled. I am going for the 18-9 XD enduro 0 offset with a 275/70. Now is it the BF all terrians or the Goodyear Duratrac. Thanks Arneson and everyone else. I never would have thought there was this much headache when picking out a wheel and tire. I will throw some pics up when its a done deal. Thanks again guys.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
No problem. Tires/wheels are a crazy hard decision. Im still not sold on my wheels. Lol but they work for. Turn bars up 3turns and trim an inch off botton front corner of valance. Your combo wont be an issue and cant hardly tell the bumper is cut.