What was I thinking?

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Man i love the look of your truck. Sledhead thanks for the extra pics man, i appriciate it. Been contemplating a ss bumper for awhile now. Been sittin in my garage with a roll pan for 8 months. Lol got the grille inserts to match my billet and everything. Seein yours makes me want it.

Just not sure with my color. Grey stone metallic. If it was your color id be over already. Looks sick on yours.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
It did look unbelieveable in those pics lifted. Woulda been hard to go back after that. But will ne worth it pullin your puller around now.

Thanks man. It was pretty much impossible to tow a trailer level with the lift and the hitch coming out from behind the licence plate. I ran a 14" drop hitch and it wasn't nearly enough. That played a big part of the lift coming out.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
I took my lift off about a year ago. Every day life driving it around and towing does make it worth it. Sadly it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did with 37s.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
They for sure look cool lifted but after owning a lifted truck for 5 years it was a PITA turning radius sucks, gas mileage sucks, Parking sucks, Tires are stupid expensive

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
I liked it much better lifted... I'm going to lift mine one of these days. Leveled Blows.

Sledheadxp800r

Dec 13, 2010
CT
Was there any cutting or welding involved in installing or removing the lift? Thanks.

I was running a cognito 7-9". The front was cranked to at least 9" and the rear was 6" springs and 1 1/2" blocks. To install the front you have to cut the lower left front diff mount off of the frame.i saved the piece and welded it back in when I lowered it. The diff lined up mint after.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah i had a 01 hd. Had a 12in lift and 40s. I know all about it. Got pulled over and and the good stuff. Said if i couldnt have a high one id have a fast one. Lol. So here i am tryin to get it there. Had a few dmax's from 06-09the and this one i just liked more. For whatever reason. I ordered them all new but this one stuck. Would love to put a 4in6 on just to clear 33/35s for pullin and whatnot.

Sledheadxp800r

Dec 13, 2010
CT
Yeah i had a 01 hd. Had a 12in lift and 40s. I know all about it. Got pulled over and and the good stuff. Said if i couldnt have a high one id have a fast one. Lol. So here i am tryin to get it there. Had a few dmax's from 06-09the and this one i just liked more. For whatever reason. I ordered them all new but this one stuck. Would love to put a 4in6 on just to clear 33/35s for pullin and whatnot.

I got sent through CT state inspection 8 times in the past 2 years because of the lift. CT has a 4" lift law which is pretty weak. I never got pulled over In my old truck that had an 8" suspension 3" body on 38s. But that was like 10 years ago.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah we have weak laws here to. 4 in lift here to. Any mod to exhaust from stock is illigal. 50%tint. Could go on and on. So stupid. Pisses me off cause id have 10in lift minimum on a toy truck right now if i could.

Chad

Chad231
Nov 26, 2008
Santa Cruz California
All my trucks have always been lifted on 35's. I stop at 6" lift and don't level them. It's a truck the rake is there for a reason. I think it's funny when guys level them and then put 250 lbs in the back and they sag. Why even have a HD truck? Mine works everyday with me it ain't just eye candy, it gets dirty, pulls several days a week.

Now on the other hand when I built my other cclb srw I kept it stock height and ran 20's with 285/55's and it looked good. Then when i realized how much more power my son in law had at the rear wheels with the exact same engine build as my lifted truck I've been making it smaller/shorter/closer to the ground as fast as possible. Dropped torsion bars, going to 32's and trying to decide on going back to stock height just to put maximum power to the ground. Love a lifted truck, but love a wicked quick one just a bit more.

Brent_f70

Apr 17, 2012
My Jeep is for rolling on 37's and 40's......Duramax is for pulling the Jeep so she is staying stock height.