What Turbo?

DougDiesel

Feb 22, 2012
Well my turbo is bad and I need a new one but I don't know which one I should go with. Can someone give me some advice. Stock bottom end with egr blocked and arp head studs. Stock fuel system with ppe pump. I dont want to hurt the motor. I would just like a little more than stock power. Im running the PPE hot +2 program. Thanks.

DougDiesel

Feb 22, 2012
Grey Ghost who makes that turbo and what is the model of it. Im leaning to the Garrett 4094 if anyone has a good one.

grey_ghost

Apr 30, 2013
Grey Ghost who makes that turbo and what is the model of it. Im leaning to the Garrett 4094 if anyone has a good one.

it's a bullseye, I'd take 600 ± shipping and it's yours, garunteed good condition or I'll refund your money

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

DougDiesel

Feb 22, 2012
I think that is a little more than i am looking for. Sounds really big for a stock fueled truck. I am new to all this turbo talk stuff and a good friend of mine told me to go with the Garrett 4094.

Last edited:

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I think that is a little more than i am looking for. Sounds really big for a stock fueled truck. I am new to all this turbo talk stuff and a good friend of mine told me to go with the Garrett 4094.

A 66 is not to big for stock fueling, I'm putting a 475 on with stock fueling. You just need to get some good tuning for the turbo.

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
Just call Danville they have the best 4094's on the market and also a good selection of modified stock charger :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I read some good stuff about the HTT s371...

The 4094 is a great charger, the Danville vgt 72 is pretty damn sweet, if you can use a VGT charger, danville's 68 is awesome too, don't forget to check out fleece performance too, they have about the same options as Danville, slightly different, it's about your preference.

What year is your truck?

There are tons of options out there, most of them are pretty good, depends on what you want to do with your rig, and the timeframe you are going to work in, and maybe location too, if I lived close to one of the major contenders like fleece or Danville (just to name two)that would be a huge deciding factor

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Its a 2006 LLY

Oops, missed that, well, you can pretty much use any turbo you want, you can do a variable vane delete module and use any straight vane turbo, or stick with the variable ones, if it were me(and I am saving for this) I would go with the VGT 72 and call it a day, however, Mark has told me that the charger was not meant to be driven off stock fuel, and if you don't have the fuel to push it, the 68mm would be better