Question: What size guage needed for Drive Pressure?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I'm looking to put a drive pressure guage on my truck and I'm not sure what the range should be. Will a 60 psi guage read enough?

Thanks

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
I have a 100 PSI gauge for my drive pressure, I've had brief spikes over 70 some times when stomping it, so I'd opt for the big one. :D

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
People have been using the oil pressure ones Not sure if that is good or not but it seems to work.

Thanks I think the oil psi guage I looked at went up to 100psi so that would work. My other option I was looking at was a nitrous pressure guage that went up to 2000psi :eek:

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
You can also use electronic fuel pressure guages for drive pressure. Gets rid of the 'rattle' under acceleartion and they usually ahve an electronic sending unit. Of course this takes a bit more work to set up - and i only messed with it and fittings (had lotsa help from Larry) - and then switched back to the bullydog 100 PSI boost guage.

I do now have an extra 100 PSI electronic fuel gauge so plan to go back to the electronic version as the damn clicking gets annoying sometimes during heavy acceleration (flutter of the gauge).

Racehemi

Feb 4, 2008
You might try a Honeywell MLH100PGL06A, it has a range of range 0-100psi

Last edited: