What should of been happy, was SAD....

AgmansDuramax

Diesel Fanatic!
Feb 13, 2014
Missouri
What should have been a wonderful, happy, day turned out to be just the opposite! I went to pick up my new truck today, all excited, happy, all is great with the World, then just as I am signing the final papers for my truck I get a cell phone call telling me my good friend, and neighbor, just passed away today from cancer. I still can't wrap my head around it, it all seems just too sureal. Now instead of this being a joyful memory, it will always have the stigmatism of having lost a great friend on the same day, R.I.P. Paul, you will be dearly missed! A VERY sad day!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
What should have been a wonderful, happy, day turned out to be just the opposite! I went to pick up my new truck today, all excited, happy, all is great with the World, then just as I am signing the final papers for my truck I get a cell phone call telling me my good friend, and neighbor, just passed away today from cancer. I still can't wrap my head around it, it all seems just too sureal. Now instead of this being a joyful memory, it will always have the stigmatism of having lost a great friend on the same day, R.I.P. Paul, you will be dearly missed! A VERY sad day!

It is always sad to loose a friend, to loose the chances the future may have held, and for that I'm sorry for your and his family's loss...please accept my condolences...
The only solemn comfort to offer is your friend is no longer in pain, struggling or otherwise uncomfortable, he's free from the burdens of this world and as your friend would always cherish your smile, and would want you to be happy about your new truck, I'm sure he would be :thumb:

May your Friend Paul rest in peace, and your memories of him be fond and cherished forever...

Sincerely

Jason Strand

AgmansDuramax

Diesel Fanatic!
Feb 13, 2014
Missouri
Thank you all very kindly, this has been a hard thing to wrap my head around, I still don't think it's really sunk in that he's gone. Every time I drive past his place I expect to see him outside, wave at each other, or even stop in and see what he's up to. He was an exceptional kind of person, he would help anyone without a moments hesitation, and at 55 he was still very energetic, and had so much life left to live. He is gone now, and I just have to come to terms with that. I'm seriously considering your idea,

That is bad news, sorry man. Maybe instead of having your truck affiliated with his passing you should build it in his memory?

maybe that's just what I should, and will, do. Sadly, I have to admit that I don't have the funds right now, to do it, as I just bought the truck, and I'm also having to build a new barn/shop. I will have to do some more saving first, but I think maybe that's just what should happen, to turn the stigmatism around, and create a "memorial" to my good friend and neighbor. Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it very much, this is just one of the things that so impressed me about this website/forum, you're a GREAT bunch of people!
Jeff (AgmansDuramax)

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Hey man dont worry about funds, it takes time and im sure your buddy will understand the truck in his name will take time.

Keep an eye out here for parts you will want alot of great dudes here sell things at awsome prices

AgmansDuramax

Diesel Fanatic!
Feb 13, 2014
Missouri
Hey man dont worry about funds, it takes time and im sure your buddy will understand the truck in his name will take time.

Keep an eye out here for parts you will want alot of great dudes here sell things at awsome prices

Thanks for the info, I'm going to do that, and just try to pick up what I can as I go along. Thanks again everyone, for all your kindess, we had the funeral yesterday, and I'm still having a hard time realizing he's really gone.
Best wishes to you all.