LLY: What order for bpu upgrades?

Glider

Jan 22, 2009
Limped the stock tranny.

Yes I will have to get rid of the six gun. I am going to keep the EGT probe and hook a EGT gauge to it. I am supposed to get the truck with upgraded tranny back tomorrow.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Limped the stock tranny.

Yes I will have to get rid of the six gun. I am going to keep the EGT probe and hook a EGT gauge to it. I am supposed to get the truck with upgraded tranny back tomorrow.

Who is building your transmission

Glider

Jan 22, 2009
Local transmission shop. I asked alot of questions, guy seemed pretty knowledgeable, had been to schools for allisons and his shop was very clean and neat.

It is his first allison however.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Local transmission shop. I asked alot of questions, guy seemed pretty knowledgeable, had been to schools for allisons and his shop was very clean and neat.

been there and done that, Mike L. got my freshly re-built trans about 6 months later :eek:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

I hope it works out for you how much is he charging for labor? what fluid is he putting in it?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Factory recommended fluids. Should I use different?

Absolutely it matters are you sure he works with Allisons? Transynd or Amsoil Torque Drive and if you can get it Citgo Quatrasynd . Don't put Dex IV or anything GM recommends. Also since he had to drain the Transfer Case now would be a good time to put in 2qts of 5w30 synthetic motor oil do not put ATF in it at all.