Question: What oil do you use?

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Amsoil doesn't suck.. just the people pouring it down your throats do

I have always thought highly of Redline oils.. but have never heard a thing about their Diesel oil...

acz

Jul 4, 2010
Portage, Pa
Amsoil Synthetic 15/40 Diesel & Marine with the Amsoil filter. Supposed to be good for 25,000 miles, filter and oil. We'll see what the oil samples show. Just got the truck so this is my first time with it or any diesel for that matter. 25,000 miles seems crazy. Don't know if I can bring myself to do it even with good oil samples.

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
Amsoil 15-40 in the daily driver, change every 10k or 1 year, which ever comes first.

Farm & Fleet 15-40 in the puller, change every 6 pulls.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Used Valvoline 15-40 synthetic, then Delo 400 (pretty good oil) then Rotella one time. Now using Canada Petrol. Canada Petrol seems to make my dmax happy. Change the oil at 4-6k miles depending how hard I drive it.

DougSmith

I have ran Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 in my truck since 5,000 miles. I also have ran the Remote Bypass with it since then.

My truck has 170,000 miles on it, and becaue I am a chicken shit, I have changed the oil 3 times, and I should have only changed it once. Every oil sample I have sent in, has came back better than normal and I have changed the filters on the Bypass as recomended, every 25,000 to 30,000 miles.

Just last week, I upgraded my old BMK-17 and put the new BMK-27 on it just because I liked the way the new adapter looked as compared to the old one. I put new oil in it at that time just in case I got some stuff in the Oil lines when I assembled the fittings, but the oil sample came back normal for the oil I threw away.

People have all kinds of opinions on Amsoil, and I too, dont like pushy sales people or whatever, I believe their claims, only because I gave it a try, liked what I saw with the oil samples, and decided I am tired of changing the oil and making other people money, so I haved saved probably $2,000 in oil changes, and I have a very clean, 170,000 mile engine, so someone please tell me, why would anyone not give it a try just for sh!its and giglles and see for yourself?

I am sure that their are lots of you, that love to get under the truck and change the oil every month or so and at about 5,000 miles, but I will tell you this, the money I have saved on oil alone, not to mention filters, I have purchased many add ons to help protect the rest of my truck.

As always, my final opinion is this, USE whatever you want, it is YOUR truck, but dont bash on people that use something else to save money and protect a $50,000 investment to the best of their abilities.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
What's with the goat sex tag??:confused:

I run Castrol Hypurion 15W40 Semi-Synthetic. Change it whenever my fuel filter life reaches zero since my oil life keeps going to zero on me occasionally after I flash it.:mad:

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Royal purple 15-40 in the race truck I use to run cenpeco20-50 but it made my pressure to high!

The lly get nothing but bulk cheap oil and goes way over on changes it now has over 200k and runs smooth:D