What kind of plow is this?

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Your best guess of this plow. Also owner says it works but is putting on new hose ends. Hows it look overall? As long as it works one season Ill be happy.

11.jpg

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
its a western you can tell by where the chain that hooks up to the motor ****in things always bend stupid design :)

addelo6

Sep 5, 2010
its a myers the stuff you got to look for is where it pivits for the trip they rot out where the round tube is welded to the blade

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
Meyers is correct. Talked to guy today and he didnt know but said its been painted (I already knew this) and it was flaking yellow. Thanks for the help.

What should I look for when its hooked up? Just make sure its going up and down side to side? Im going to drive 2 hours away tomorrow to look at it.

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
It is a Meyers...I didn`t look at the tell tale skid shoe mounts earlier. Asto what to look for...make sure the swing cylinders are in good shape, not pitted or leaking. Also make sure the control unit is in good shape. I`m assuming it`s electric...so make sure the switches all work properly and actuate the motor positively. Also just make sure the main ram is clean and not pitted. Good luck.

Durascrap02

Aug 7, 2010
Yankton, SD
we've had problems with our lift ram and busting fittings off the side rams other than than it takes some abuse but there all prone to break once in a while they if you use them like we do. we push snow at my grampa's warehouse and about 10 people in town and occasionally at the farm and it holds up pretty well especially for how old it is. the first vehicle it was on was an early 90's blazer so she's been around!!

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
OK for those that plow how much of a PITA is it to do with an older 4 speed trans? Wear out your leg alot or no? Its hard as hell to find a BBC with a Th400 trans.

Durascrap02

Aug 7, 2010
Yankton, SD
i like plowing with a stick but most of the geezers prefer auto's, i like em cuz then i can abuse them more and not worry about it getting hot(or at least i dont)