What is GM book time for one head?

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
plus, how could you hone a cylinder? You dont no longer work there because you failed a pee test by chance, Eh?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
plus, how could you hone a cylinder? You dont no longer work there because you failed a pee test by chance, Eh?

no i moved, i know for a fact the heads didnt come off so im guessing he pulled the crank, it was in a lifted kodiak so there was enough room to sit between the oil pan and front axle and no way to pull the motor it was too high for any engine hoist.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
no i moved, i know for a fact the heads didnt come off so im guessing he pulled the crank, it was in a lifted kodiak so there was enough room to sit between the oil pan and front axle and no way to pull the motor it was too high for any engine hoist.

Head has to come off will come out with crank out bores there offset main block holes. Also you would screw the rings up even if there was room no way to get ring tool In.

DSCF6495.jpg

DSCF6491.jpg

DSCF6499.jpg

duramaxxx06

Aug 11, 2009
jasper tn
ok, what about book time for a motorhome? its a c5500. I work at a normal Chevrolet dealership and they want us to do head gaskets on it. worst part is they are GOODWILLING the turd. so it will be warranty time. just curious how bad its gonna suck, especially since I have to do it outside....:(

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Sorry but im calling BS on the "replaced the piston through the bottom without pulling the head" procedure.........

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood

Are you sure it was a 6.6L duramax? They put other engines in them too. Regardless all of the inframes that are done install new pistons from the top.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
I did a crank in vehicle with the heads on, bit of a task getting 8 rods to align properly all at once but other than that it wasnt too terrible

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
OK to put all this trash talking to rest I went and asked him how hr did it and it turns out he pulled the head on a Saturday replaced the piston and put the head back on so when I went in on Monday All he had out was the oilpan and the melted piston which made it look like that's what he did. And it was a Kodiak with a huge custom lift so you could actually stand under the oil pan almost, so that made it look like it was extremely easy to do it dlfrom the bottom as the fender was about 10' high.

There everybody happy now y'all can Callate la boca :thumb: