What Impact Gun you running?

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I also have a battery powered one, 24v Goodyear. Real nice not to have to wait for the compressor to pump and then drag the hose around.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I have a chicago pneumatic. I love it/no complaints. Does everything I need it to do. Nice tool, solidly built, made in USA. No idea what model/specs it is, other than its 1/2" drive and runs on air.

ben

B-Dunagan

Mar 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA AKA Little Mexico
IR 1/2 drive, it's an older one rated at 525 ft/lbs, forget the model. I also have a 1/2 Mac and a 3/4 CP and neither will match the 1/2 IR for speed and power. On a side note the Mac looks surprisingly allot like another model IR. It wouldn't surprise me if that is who actually makes it.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Old school IR i've had for a long time. Needs a rebuild but works great for the home projects I do now. I used it daily when I was a tech, I don't think i'll ever get rid of it. 1/2 drive BTW. Heavy mother, all steel!!!!!

I bought an Air Cat 3/8s rachet from the Snap On guy about 2 years ago. It's really quiet and lays down around 100ftlbs. I like it and only 100 bucks. Can't beat it at that price. It made me a lot of money.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I run a 1/2" Snap On. No idea what model. It's about 10 y/o and I have used it as a hammer, a shim, chock block, and a pry bar.

It looks rough and needs a rebuild, but $125 and it will be good as new. Gotta love lifetime warranty!!

DieselBulldog10

Go Bulldogs!
Jan 16, 2009
Oakdale, Ca
I have the Mac AW5500 and i love it I was even able to back off something i put on with a Blue point 3/4 in gun. I have also used the new snap-on gun and hated it. it was weak and uncomfortable to use. I did like the Mac and IR guns since they are pretty much the same thing

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

;) bought the same gun a couple weeks ago, $20 a week off the Snap On truck! I was borrowing a buddys for the last 6mos., and decided it was good enough to buy my own. In Fallon at the NHRDA race, we changed 24 tires (three trucks twice). Also changed two flats on the trailer plus put the orig tire back on once I got home, on the same battery. I can't wait to pull the trans again:rolleyes:. Best investment I have made in a while.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Ingersoll all the way. That TI gun is a mean mother. Really light, quiet, and strong. I have a buddy who owns a trucking company with 100+ trucks and thats all he uses too.