Question: What happens to EPR??

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I just wish Trent would take the time to write one post on this forum explaining what his current and future plans are. I understand he may be embarrassed/ashamed of what happened, but if he'd just explain himself, I think everyone would understand and leave it be.

As it is, he's pulled a Ratlover and fallen off the face of the earth, which isnt the way to handle any of this.

X3..

What Ive always said about a vendor with issues/problems. A simple call/text/post can clear up 100% of the rumor's going around.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Maybe get ahold of Matt larson, or crayfryer? Not sure what his name was but most know who I'm talking about. I think they could make a kit. It doesn't look like I am getting an epr kit anymore either. Sdp could build one. Danville performance may also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
i went to purchase a (new to me) truck 3 years ago. drove down to his neck of the woods and saw the 11 sec plow truck on the dealer lot. deal had traded it in a week before that. he bought a new camaro. good guy too:thumb:
didn't he have a LBZ after the rolling the LB7?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
X3..

What Ive always said about a vendor with issues/problems. A simple call/text/post can clear up 100% of the rumor's going around.

Brian

is it not obvius? what do you need to hear that will help you sleep at night.

To me its sounds like he got fed up with diesel performance and decided enough was a enough? it happens to a lot of people!

I dont really think he owes anyone a explanation unless he owes you money or parts.

Thing about trent is he has diesel performance in his blood, at some point he will return. Jmho

but untill then if your looking to purchase a new kit...Id suggest you look elswhere.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Brian

is it not obvius? what do you need to hear that will help you sleep at night.

To me its sounds like he got fed up with diesel performance and decided enough was a enough? it happens to a lot of people!

I dont really think he owes anyone a explanation unless he owes you money or parts.

Thing about trent is he has diesel performance in his blood, at some point he will return. Jmho

but untill then if your looking to purchase a new kit...Id suggest you look elswhere.

Simon you may be right but it Brian's defense whether the guys owes anyone a exaltation or not what is the big deal I hopping on real quick and writing a thirty second response as to how he is doing? He had a lot of loyal customers that where more than customers they were his friends also so why not let everyone know he just got fed up with it but he is doing well and thanks for everyone's support.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Simon you may be right but it Brian's defense whether the guys owes anyone a exaltation or not what is the big deal I hopping on real quick and writing a thirty second response as to how he is doing? He had a lot of loyal customers that where more than customers they were his friends also so why not let everyone know he just got fed up with it but he is doing well and thanks for everyone's support.

I dont know?

when companies go down they dont normally do any of that do they?

As far as thanks for our support to EPR, I just think thanks to Epr for what they did.

Trent helped a lot of people and posted a lot of good info on this site!

everyone is entitled to a opinion, this is mine:)

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I dont know?

when companies go down they dont normally do any of that do they?

As far as thanks for our support to EPR, I just think thanks to Epr for what they did.

Trent helped a lot of people and posted a lot of good info on this site!

everyone is entitled to a opinion, this is mine:)

Simon I think everyone is mostly surprised he never said anything. As much and as for how long he has been around. Just seems strange and out of character for him to just up and disappear.

At least thats my take on it.

But I agree with you, no one owns anyone anything. He is his own man and sure he had his reasons for doing. Don't think he has to explain that to anyone, unless he is still in debt with them.

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
Maybe get ahold of Matt larson, or crayfryer? Not sure what his name was but most know who I'm talking about. I think they could make a kit. It doesn't look like I am getting an epr kit anymore either. Sdp could build one. Danville performance may also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to help anyone out any way that I can. I love fabrication, and did a lot of it at EPR. Problem is I haven't got much at my disposal.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Maybe some didn't see the info that someone close to Trent (or someone privy to the facts) posted for him. My apologies I can't remember the thread to quote from or to paste it here for you guys to see. It explained that the business was in financial trouble. Had to shut down and move out of the big shop. Trent went to work in the oil field and when he comes home on his days off, he works out in his home located shop fixing current orders and trying to get everything caught up. He admitted getting too big too fast was a mistake and had to hire more people than he wanted to in order to keep up. The quality control slipped out the window when he could no longer do or personally check every order for a kit that was fabricated.

I state none of this as hard fact, im simply relaying what was explained in another thread for those who may have not seen that post.

It's obvious to me Trent loved Diesel Motorsports. The stress related to feeding the monster that was a busy/highly respected company got to him. At some point (I assume) it took a toll on his family life too and the walls seemed like they were closing in on him. As a picky guy myself, I'm sure it made his stomach turn to know his name was attached to some kits that were not indicitive of his skill/talent and did not represent his company well. Sprinkle money trouble on all of this and you've got a normal guy who only meant well now in a pressure cooker of stress, anxiety, and frustration. My heart goes out to him.

All that said, I'm a big believer in being a man of your word and following through on your commitments. I feel he ONLY owes his pending customers an explination as well as a commitment to finish their orders as quickly as he possibly can as well as the reassurance that it is at the top of his list of things to do. As a father myself, I personally feel that needs of a family trump this though. He has to take care of his wife and children (dont know if he has any) first, then the diesel stuff. Seems like if the financial rumors are true, that's why he is doing oilfield stuff now. Quick good money.

We are all surprised that he hasn't addressed our board with a formal explination himself. Why wouldn't we be? He's been an active member here fo a long time and has many friends here so perhaps it seems out of carachter. We're so used to the media forcing celebrities/superstars to face the public and offer apologies/explinations when they screw up that perhaps were putting Trent in this category. IMO the poor guy is dealing with things the best way he knows how. Maybe he is embarrassed, maybe he doesn't give a hoot about our needs to know what's going on. Prob a little of both I would imagine. In the end I'm sure the sun will come up again tomorrow and we all will live just fine without his personal explination on this site. I wish him the best and hope he gets his situation back on track soon. He just might come back to us with a new drive/desire to succeed and do more great things for the Duramax community. :thumb:

Last edited:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Maybe some didn't see the info that someone close to Trent (or someone privy to the facts) posted for him. My apologies I can't remember the thread to quote from or to paste it here for you guys to see. It explained that the business was in financial trouble. Had to shut down and move out of the big shop. Trent went to work in the oil field and when he comes home on his days off, he works out in his home located shop fixing current orders and trying to get everything caught up. He admitted getting too big too fast was a mistake and had to hire more people than he wanted to in order to keep up. The quality control slipped out the window when he could no longer do or personally check every order for a kit that was fabricated.

I state none of this as hard fact, im simply relaying what was explained in another thread for those who may have not seen that post.

It's obvious to me Trent loved Diesel Motorsports. The stress related to feeding the monster that was a busy/highly respected company got to him. At some point (I assume) it took a toll on his family life too and the walls seemed like they were closing in on him. As a picky guy myself, I'm sure it made his stomach turn to know his name was attached to some kits that were not indicitive of his skill/talent and did not represent his company well. Sprinkle money trouble on all of this and you've got a normal guy who only meant well now in a pressure cooker of stress, anxiety, and frustration. My heart goes out to him.

All that said, I'm a big believer in being a man of your word and following through on your commitments. I feel he ONLY owes his pending customers an explination as well as a commitment to finish their orders as quickly as he possibly can as well as the reassurance that it is at the top of his list of things to do. As a father myself, I personally feel that needs of a family trump this though. He has to take care of his wife and children (dont know if he has any) first, then the diesel stuff. Seems like if the financial rumors are true, that's why he is doing oilfield stuff now. Quick good money.

We are all surprised that he hasn't addressed our board with a formal explination himself. Why wouldn't we be? He's been an active member here fo a long time and has many friends here so perhaps it seems out of carachter. We're so used to the media forcing celebrities/superstars to face the public and offer apologies/explinations when they screw up that perhaps were putting Trent in this category. IMO the poor guy is dealing with things the best way he knows how. Maybe he is embarrassed, maybe he doesn't give a hoot about our needs to know what's going on. Prob a little of both I would imagine. In the end I'm sure the sun will come up again tomorrow and we all will live just fine without his personal explination on this site. I wish him the best and hope he gets his situation back on track soon. He just might come back to us with a new drive/desire to succeed and do more great things for the Duramax community. :thumb:

Well said:thumb: Im sure he is just trying to get caught up plus working a overtime job in the oil industry. His race truck isnt for sale that im aware of so i would say once he gets his $$$ situations figured out we will be hearing from him and seeing his truck back on the track.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Cool I work in North Dakota in the oil field. And I ment where are u from smokinlmm North Carolina I'm guessin