What did you do at work today?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
DOW Plant B Freeport, TX.

I’ve never worked in Dow. I got a job INEOS chocolate Bayou and Lyondell hyperzone In La Port. INEOS has me losing my hair. Been shut down off and on for 2 weeks now just trying to do 200’ of duct bank, sewer, and water in the same trench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Landing a MBU3T Casing Head last night with some 13-3/8 casing hanging off it. Then after cement I put the companion flanges and valves on...of course I was playing I mud and wet cement. Then I came back to the shop and went home for the day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I’ve never worked in Dow. I got a job INEOS chocolate Bayou and Lyondell hyperzone In La Port. INEOS has me losing my hair. Been shut down off and on for 2 weeks now just trying to do 200’ of duct bank, sewer, and water in the same trench.

We have a little bit of boom in the air at Plant B. Boom point is 570' at high boom. Grade is 10'6". 92m main + 63m luffer on our twin boom ringer.

Yeah I have been in both of those plants. Did Lyondell Refinery last year. We had the crawlers cranes in the FCCU turn around along with the jack and slide of various other stuff.

Went to DOW OCD for Olin to look at mat pad layout for CC2800 picking out a tank next month. 220' radius for the tank.

Have Turn around in April for DOW OCD 9 vessels that need to be removed and replaced. None of which are straight picks. All have to be jacked up and slid out to the crane for removal. Oh what fun.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I couldn't imagine what it takes to do picks like that at a plant. I get enough headaches just digging a 4' deep ditch opposed to one that's 3'11" that no one bats an eye at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
The duct bank is concrete and shallower. Trench is 8’ wide total 3’x 6’ deep for the water/ sewer then it steps up and then back down for the duct bank. It’s a cluster F but that’s what they wanted

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Some crane action at my drop today for all you crane guys...

8ea495e21cf43d74371cecb660315a5b.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Had the day off today.

1) Still no cavities in my toofisisis. :D

2) Found a driveline shop to weld my shock brackets and axle tubes on the 9.5 for the 1/2 ton. :)

3) Visited my daughter at college. I am finding I really miss her at home. But..she's dean's list, she has many friends, and she's turning into a wonderful, confident woman. I couldnt be happier for her. Oh yeah, her pompon team took 3rd at States. Thats very good. Only MSU and an allstar team beat them. :)

My Cruze gets 45mpg on the highway. Yay!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nice Tom! My youngest daughter starts Boise State next fall:thumb:

Awesome to hear! :thumb: Tell her to enjoy college life, just not TOO much..... if you get my meaning. Also, be careful...there are predators out there that prey on college girls. Roofies at parties are commonplace.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Did a 550 ton luffer job couple days ago, set some industrial air handler units on a roof of a hospital, 11,400lbs at 262' radius.

where can i upload photos

This is our tilt panel crawler, Liebherr 1300, have 2 of them. I'm on a sweet gig for the next 6 months on this crawler for a jail expansion here in phoenix.

image upload