What did you do at work today?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Sweet, we've got a SL55 and SL65 here right now! We love Mercedes.

Have you ever installed heat exchanger pumps? I bought a new one for his car last summer. It's a pierburg and it needs to be spliced in. I was wondering if I could just buy a plug and play adapter of some sort.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Have you ever installed heat exchanger pumps? I bought a new one for his car last summer. It's a pierburg and it needs to be spliced in. I was wondering if I could just buy a plug and play adapter of some sort.

We do them almost weekly. Pumps fail all the time. There aren't any adapters for plug and play, but honestly it's only a hot and ground that get hooked up.. It'll take you two minutes to splice the wires. The pumps don't have monitoring circuits, so just hook up and you'll be good to go.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
We do them almost weekly. Pumps fail all the time. There aren't any adapters for plug and play, but honestly it's only a hot and ground that get hooked up.. It'll take you two minutes to splice the wires. The pumps don't have monitoring circuits, so just hook up and you'll be good to go.

Sweet I haven't even looked into it yet. I know them things should be 12s stock. He brought it to the track last year and ran a 13.8 and then like 3 14.6s. It was heat soaked like crazy. I think I bought him a pierburg cwa 50. Have you guys ever installed those?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Set a temporary bridge down in Tucson AZ, easier said than done, Friday was a 23 hour day.

Off to Lake Havasu Monday 130am with both our biggest highway cranes for a ADOT bridge job. Money Mondays...

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Sure will, I'm lucky to still be in one of the last active fields. They've stopped stacking rigs so were just maintaining the best we can at this point. Starting to look up tho:thumb:

2013 & 2014 were good years though! 2015 not so much..
The welders are the ones making headway, Nabors put several hundred million into updating their rigs. They put my old one in the bushes to get updated and gave them a new X rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
2013 & 2014 were good years though! 2015 not so much..
The welders are the ones making headway, Nabors put several hundred million into updating their rigs. They put my old one in the bushes to get updated and gave them a new X rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ya, those X rigs are nice. I've moved a couple of those. Tons of crane work, and the A legs are.......interesting lol

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Got the shaft done for the corn planter. Took some 3/4" washers, drilled them out to 1", split one side, took a piece of pipe and cut it with a cut off wheel so I could press the washers to bend them left and right then welded them on. Made a couple new paddle wheels as well for the ends of the shaft.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Rebate season!!
Stocked up
chevors-photos-2255-picture75010-20170316-153622-1.jpg

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Pulled the head off a 6.7 Cummins, pulled the front timing cover off another one, worked on an lmm starter etc

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Got the shaft done for the corn planter. Took some 3/4" washers, drilled them out to 1", split one side, took a piece of pipe and cut it with a cut off wheel so I could press the washers to bend them left and right then welded them on. Made a couple new paddle wheels as well for the ends of the shaft.
What is this shaft for?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Just got back from Key largo with my wife and little buddy, so it was a hell day. Spent the entire time rigging a big searay with a set of Khalenberg air horns and derigging a 351 Triton CC and preping it for a new dash for an electronics upgrade, I worked 12 hours today. Also, sold a yamaha F250 with all the rigging, electronics/stereo upgrade, full wetsand and polish and bottom job. Probably fielded 50 phone calls and 100 or so texts as well. Man I work too much....:D