What did you do at work today?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
A month ago I quit my job turning wrenches on the big 3's light duty diesels and went to work for Caterpillar. For the first 3 weeks I was stuck prepping new machines which was painfully boring. This week they finally turned me loose in the main shop and I'm liking it a lot better. I need to invest in bigger tools but it's all good. Replacing all a/c components on this thing tomorrow
73598473111315ae69a933279bdf1112.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hows that trash dozer smell:D

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.

Ain't that the truth. I couldn't work on something like that, think about what you throw in the trash then they drive all over it, raw chicken, diapers filled with ugh....yuck! Looks like it's had a new under carriage recently as well, how'd you like to be the guy that gets that job?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Finished a revision to the construction plans for the landfill cap I'm working on now and got it sent out to the contractor. Trash smells like $ to me. :D

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL

Ain't that the truth. I couldn't work on something like that, think about what you throw in the trash then they drive all over it, raw chicken, diapers filled with ugh....yuck! Looks like it's had a new under carriage recently as well, how'd you like to be the guy that gets that job?
It's pretty nasty but I have a strong stomach. It's had a good bit of work done. I'm replacing all the A/C components but anytime it comes in we pull the belly pans and steam clean it, that was pretty bad.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
b139100f12d936a7cbd3cb55949fd801.jpg

Picked this beast up today broken brake line. Hoping it needs nothing else and makes for a quick flip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Working on building bracket for new fans for aux engine oil cooler... be about ~3200cfm worth of air.. with a pair of 11" spal fans. ~60% air flow increase over current 2000cfm setup
13263938_10208633699093477_5943257301010473942_n.jpg

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
It's pretty nasty but I have a strong stomach. It's had a good bit of work done. I'm replacing all the A/C components but anytime it comes in we pull the belly pans and steam clean it, that was pretty bad.

Trash never bothered me much, unless I had to go fix something on the trash pile during the summer:barf:

Kinda glad I don't do field service anymore...

The machines off of the Dairy's and the Beat Farms around southern Idaho are way worse than trash machines IMOP...

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Trash never bothered me much, unless I had to go fix something on the trash pile during the summer:barf:

Kinda glad I don't do field service anymore...

The machines off of the Dairy's and the Beat Farms around southern Idaho are way worse than trash machines IMOP...
A few months ago we did a second life on a trash compactor. Luckily that was before I started. Even after hours of washing it as still really nasty. And full of rats. One jumped out at one of the techs who happened to be holding a pry bar at the time. He took a Babe Ruth swing and connected with that rat. Sent it across the shop and splattered it on the shop foreman office window. Wish I'd have seen that.
I'm working toward field tech. Couple of us shop guys helped the field techs at a big jobsite today.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Another action packed day cutting radio boxes out on the plasma.

Looks like a Torchmate, my brother inlaw has one in his shop sitting for the last couple years. I had him weld some plates for wheels to my vise/drill press/arbor bench. He told me he was having issues, drivers etc. So I kinda volunteered and he has kinda forced me to honor my services. I bit off a more than I can chew in some respects but nothing a little perseverance can't take care of...

About time I had the wheels done on this, been without a vise for almost a year. Kinda makeshift but gets the job done and wheels, best thing the caveman ever invented......
=
=
=
33e63ar.jpg

=
=

Last edited:

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Looks like a Torchmate, my brother inlaw has one in his shop sitting for the last couple years. I had him weld some plates for wheels to my vise/drill press/arbor bench. He told me he was having issues, drivers etc. So I kinda volunteered and he has kinda forced me to honor my services. I bit off a more than I chew in some respects but nothing a little perseverance can't take care of...

About time I had the wheels done on this, been without a vise for almost a year. Kinda makeshift but gets the job done and wheels, best thing the caveman ever invented......
=
=
=
33e63ar.jpg

=
=

Yea it's a torch mate not a bad machine at all probably going to make my battery boxes to mount to my frame with it :)

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Yea it's a torch mate not a bad machine at all probably going to make my battery boxes to mount to my frame with it :)

I have the Torchmate partially operational, still having issues with the signal generator. The phone signal is limited at best so calling Torchmate support while at his shop is kinda difficult.

Me, never used a Torchmate or a CAD program before but I'm pretty computer savvy, awfully steep learning curve for the software. My brother in law is just the opposite not much computer savvy but knows the CAD programs, opposite ends of the spectrum for us....

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
I have the Torchmate partially operational, still having issues with the signal generator. The phone signal is limited at best so calling Torchmate support while at his shop is kinda difficult.

Me, never used a Torchmate or a CAD program before but I'm pretty computer savvy, awfully steep learning curve for the software. My brother in law is just the opposite not much computer savvy but knows the CAD programs, opposite ends of the spectrum for us....

I don't care to much for the torch mate CAD it's just that much different from any other CAD I've used for me not to like it. To me it's a glorified version of Microsoft Paint lol

I'd help if I could but this thing was all set up when I got here and the most I have to do is square the table every now and then.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thinking about burning this 6.4 im working on.. So burnt out on work these last couple weeks..