What did you do at work today?

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Been off work since beginning of July don’t go back till sept. So for some reason i thought it was a good idea to put in a French drain
75d35db73541622af638b517593bf1e1.jpg

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
This didn't happen at work today but after work yesterday. We went to the beach for a few days last week/weekend to stay with my aunt and while we were gone one of our 2 goats died. I had to call my dad Friday morning and get him to take care of it since we were gone, luckily it was Friday not Saturday cause he left for Portland Saturday. Anyways a friend said his sister had 2 baby goats she wanted to get rid of but it would be about a month before they are ready because they are so small. She stopped by and talked to my wife yesterday and my wife ask me to stop and look at them on the way home. I stopped and they have 14 goats in a spot way to small for 3 goats. She said put your name on however many you want they are free. I told her we would take the 2 small ones when they are ready and this one I thought was a nanny. It was born this year so I'm guessing maybe 6 months old. Went home and told my wife, she said I only wanted 1, lol. I love goats and the more color the better. She said why don't you take Cole (our 6 year old son) and get the one so the one we have won't be lonely. I dug the dog box I used for deer hunting years ago and goat hauling out and off Cole and I went. I had no idea the conversations that would ensue because of this little adventure 3 miles from home. We got there and her husband caught him and brought him to the truck and they said we better check him, I said him? They said yeah we banded him but not sure we got both and sure enough he still had one. He said let me get the bander, he brought it out and after the third attempt of him trying and saying "I'm not sure how Doc does this" I said let me try, I've banded a number of things that I'm not going to mention here. Well I got the band on and we left, Cole said "dad, why did you do that to him?" I said so he can't have babies, there were several other things said but what got me was he got quiet for a minute and said "dad, I hope you never have to do that to me", I said just be good and I won't.

7fccd89c4b6bc00c884c0c0aa205fefb.jpg

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
This didn't happen at work today but after work yesterday. We went to the beach for a few days last week/weekend to stay with my aunt and while we were gone one of our 2 goats died. I had to call my dad Friday morning and get him to take care of it since we were gone, luckily it was Friday not Saturday cause he left for Portland Saturday. Anyways a friend said his sister had 2 baby goats she wanted to get rid of but it would be about a month before they are ready because they are so small. She stopped by and talked to my wife yesterday and my wife ask me to stop and look at them on the way home. I stopped and they have 14 goats in a spot way to small for 3 goats. She said put your name on however many you want they are free. I told her we would take the 2 small ones when they are ready and this one I thought was a nanny. It was born this year so I'm guessing maybe 6 months old. Went home and told my wife, she said I only wanted 1, lol. I love goats and the more color the better. She said why don't you take Cole (our 6 year old son) and get the one so the one we have won't be lonely. I dug the dog box I used for deer hunting years ago and goat hauling out and off Cole and I went. I had no idea the conversations that would ensue because of this little adventure 3 miles from home. We got there and her husband caught him and brought him to the truck and they said we better check him, I said him? They said yeah we banded him but not sure we got both and sure enough he still had one. He said let me get the bander, he brought it out and after the third attempt of him trying and saying "I'm not sure how Doc does this" I said let me try, I've banded a number of things that I'm not going to mention here. Well I got the band on and we left, Cole said "dad, why did you do that to him?" I said so he can't have babies, there were several other things said but what got me was he got quiet for a minute and said "dad, I hope you never have to do that to me", I said just be good and I won't.

7fccd89c4b6bc00c884c0c0aa205fefb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your goat, we have a couple goats and thought we were going to lose one. He had a giant growth on his neck that just looked like an abcess but there is also a deadlly disease common in livestock that starts that way so we were worried, turned out to be an abcess but you can never be too careful. Even though our goats are basically just lawnmowers we treat them like pets.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
never had any, but when they are babies, i can imagine they are easy to get attached to.

Right now we have 3 kittens that should have been named butt head 1,2 and 3 about half of the time and shoe ornament the other half. Can't really complain b/c the are SPCA animals and right now love being around us.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Freshly rebuilt the transmission in my Polaris general, due to reverse chain failure, and warranty claim denied....
ceba0d4356e1f6358db49cb61685fef9.jpg
705fe0d882883546c056c7b9e0e0a01d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Well I just finished my 5th week at my new job. The inspector job ended up stressing me out. I never had an anxiety attack before and it scared the crap out of me. I wasn't sleeping, eating right and I lost 15lbs. So I resigned. After some time off, I now work for our school district. Its a bit different, working with the mechanical side of the fire sprinkler systems in the schools. This is a much better and less stressful job.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Got pics off deer camera. First one is standing 8 yards from ground blind eating grape kool aid powder and rock salt.

4e07cdb7cf36cab2c8038633fe8721fa.jpg

c7e611d1957d07eea0a4e865a6ad4c22.jpg

6adde2e01ff572748f1a6b5665a7b697.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well I just finished my 5th week at my new job. The inspector job ended up stressing me out. I never had an anxiety attack before and it scared the crap out of me. I wasn't sleeping, eating right and I lost 15lbs. So I resigned. After some time off, I now work for our school district. Its a bit different, working with the mechanical side of the fire sprinkler systems in the schools. This is a much better and less stressful job.

Glad you found something you liked. I can see how being an inspector can stress someone out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yesterday, I failed to put the fuel system on my Duraburb back together. I keep forgetting that no one includes the fuel line banjo washers for everything in their gasket set.

So off to the parts store today to get FICM washers and the various smaller ones for the return system. And some spares, so this doesn't happen to me again.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
8d30de453419b8918ca5f29678a9a001.jpg

Just making some stuff for a friend.

PTO covers on a lathe?, wait what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Buttoned up my first cp3 swap. Really wasn’t bad at all. Sdp kit was very well put together

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Buttoned up my first cp3 swap. Really wasn’t bad at all. Sdp kit was very well put together
About how many hours it take? I'm sure next one might be quicker.. I ask because I'm thinking of having a friend of mine who has a shop do mine for me